Author Topic: ** Quick how to guide to fitting my jabba sport induction kit please?! **  (Read 8926 times)

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
just got it this morning but no fitting instructions so just wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a fitting guide or quickly knock one up?

cheers guys

ANT  :cool:

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
just a couple of pics would help, dont want to start ripping out bits i need to leave in...

just need to see angles as the one induction kit ove got was oringinally a golf one but was modified to fit a leon so i need to modify it back...

also need to know how many jubilee clips i need and where they are secured, and which way round the machined ducting goes as one end is bevelled while the other end is flat... which end goes in the filter and which in the air feed?

I know some of you have them help please! gonna have to do it tomorrow morning now coz i havent got time before work  :embarassed: :angry:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
From the top of my head..... OE Airbox Removal:-

1) Take off Engine cover (4 x Plastic lugs (1/4 turn))
2) Loosen Jubilee (SP.) clip on the LH side
3) Unclip the 3 connectors from the airflow meter
4) Now, you need your socket set (possibly with an extension). Undo the higher nut at the top of the airbox (13 mm I think??), & then the lower one at the bottom.
5) You should now be able to wiggle off the airbox.
6) Now take off the plastic airfeed (1 nut) which leads down towards the headlight.

Part 2 Later..... :grin:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Oops..... I posted that in between your 2 posts!

Will take some pics tonight if i get chance.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
lol... part 2!?!

ive had a look and i think im ok taking off the air box, slightly more complicated than my saxo was lol.

worried about what to do with the aluminium tube... bout 5 inches long that came in the kit... dos this insert all the way inside the housing where the maf sensor is?

also, how does it secure... it doesnt have a jubliee clip in the kit, or a piece of silcon tube to seal it... it looks from the ibiza one that it just slides in...

this is what ive got.... cant find a pic of it on a golf...

but this is the similar kit on a seat...

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
ok cheers mate!

ill have a go tomorrow morning, gotta have it done by the weekend :)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Last Edit: 03 March 2006, 17:00 by Ivor Mk4 Turbo »

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Sorry, mate. Can't get piccies to work. :sad:

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
hi mate, ive got an install guide from jabba and the pics in your email worked so im gonna do it in a minute!

should be easy enough... was concerned about which way round the silver tube went but i think it will only go in one way... got to heat up the plastic somewhere though...  :huh:

is your heat shield screwed to the body in one of those pics... and on that little strut to the suspension piller?

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
hi mate, ive got an install guide from jabba and the pics in your email worked so im gonna do it in a minute!

should be easy enough... was concerned about which way round the silver tube went but i think it will only go in one way... got to heat up the plastic somewhere though... :huh:

is your heat shield screwed to the body in one of those pics... and on that little strut to the suspension piller?

I haven't got a seperate heat shield, as my filter is enclosed in that heatproof cylinder.

ps Didn't know I'd emailed you!!! :undecided:

*EDIT* But yes, That bracket at the top goes onto that lug which is part of the bodywork.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2006, 10:41 by Ivor Mk4 Turbo »