Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379162 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Black From The Dead
« Reply #1640 on: 02 March 2012, 12:01 »
Let me know what they say, could be a cheap fix! :)

Will do... There is no option to simply buy one, I had to send an enquiry.  So I have asked what my options are, can they test and repair my current one, can I buy a new one and do they do they have a refurb/exchange option available.

Thanks again for the link.  All I've been doing is trying to source second hand options on places like ebay.  Didn't think the above was even an option for a part like this. 

Nor did i! i just searched by part number that i found from RJ! 026 133 403 :grin:

Just shows I really haven't got my finger on the pulse at the moment....

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1641 on: 02 March 2012, 13:14 »
Here is the response from ATP Electronics

Thank you for your enquiry,
We can certainly test your unit , this costs £45 + VAT.
We can refurbish your own Warm-Up-Regulator. This takes one week and the cost depends upon the part number fitted. The most popular version is 0 438 140 118 and this costs £90 + VAT.

Best Regards
Mike

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1642 on: 02 March 2012, 13:42 »
Are WUR's still available from Bosch on exchange.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1643 on: 02 March 2012, 13:52 »
Are WUR's still available from Bosch on exchange.

Not as far as I am aware although someone might be able to correct me... There are third party companies doing exchanges but they are not in the UK and can still cost a couple of hundred pounds!
« Last Edit: 02 March 2012, 13:53 by SoundillusioN »

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1644 on: 02 March 2012, 13:55 »
Here is the response from ATP Electronics

Thank you for your enquiry,
We can certainly test your unit , this costs £45 + VAT.
We can refurbish your own Warm-Up-Regulator. This takes one week and the cost depends upon the part number fitted. The most popular version is 0 438 140 118 and this costs £90 + VAT.

Best Regards
Mike

That is steep!..

Maybe stick to looking for someone breaking a Mk1.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1645 on: 02 March 2012, 13:59 »
That is steep!..

Maybe stick to looking for someone breaking a Mk1.

It is but it's still an option.. I would rather pay £100 or so for a new/refurbed one with warranty than one for half the price that might not even work. If I had plenty of cash and the car didn't need anything else I would just go for this option.

The search continues but as far as getting a new one goes, what you sent me is the best option I have so far.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
So, believe it or not, I uncovered the old girl and got some shizzle done....  :shocked: Just packing up.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
And.... Wat else?

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
So, believe it or not, I uncovered the old girl and got some shizzle done....  :shocked: Just packing up.

piccies or gtfo  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Due to umpteen things I've got going on, the poor thing has just sat there feeling sorry for itself for far too long.  (I've felt sorry for it too)

I had some man chores to do today for Mrs Me, I'm also on call for work but felt hopeful that I'd squeeze a couple of hours in and I did.

I've been kicking myself because I never usually leave a battery to drain and sadly mine didn't have enough to start her up.  Jumped it off the Mazda to let her have a run then put it on charge.

Running like sh*t at the moment.  Exhaust still fecked so I measured up for a flexi joint which I keep saying I'm going to get round to sorting.  Will defo order it this week and try and tap up someone to weld it on for me.

Had to drop my fusebox recently to try and assist Travis with a couple of things, left it hanging as I've still got a couple of issues of my own which today I fixed.

MOT is due at the end of the month, where the feck have the last 12 months gone!

Proof that I got her out of bed.

The last show I went to in it was the one my cousin runs (VW Whitenoise) my horns stopped working on the way there. 

This was annoying as it was all fresh when I rewired the car!  Today I fixed them, somehow I'd managed to yank out one of the spade connectors behind the dash for the switch..  :huh:

Ever since the rewire, the fifth injector has never worked which meant it always took a little while to start.

Gave up trying to figure out why it wasn't getting power and today gave it a fresh feed from the fuel pump prime live. Works a treat now and starts instantly.  :cool:

The last electrical thing that seems to be dead is the WUR.  Double checked it's getting power, it is.  Which reminds me, raferackstraw has found a spare he's willing to part with but he's not sure if it's for a mk2 or mine.  Need to go back out and check the part number.

« Last Edit: 10 March 2012, 19:40 by SoundillusioN »