Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379175 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - Show Fixes Have Started (p122)
« Reply #1220 on: 02 June 2011, 16:44 »
good update there Shaun

any other fixes to come before VF?

Not like my older updates though, must keep the detail going!  I hope to take the front end to bits and get some decent panel gaps as it's all a bit on the pi55 close up.  Also need to have a look at the replacement wing as it appeared from day one to be slightly misshapen once the kit was fitted. Want to pull a big dent out on the drivers door and wack some paint on it so that at least both sides of the car are the same....  Maybe fit some interior... Hmmmm, am I  being slightly optimistic????

Yes, majorly! your going to fail big time... now prove me wrong :P

Good luck Shauny boy, i'm sure you will need it! You should just rub the whole thing down and spray it satin black.  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1221 on: 02 June 2011, 16:51 »
good update there Shaun

Not like my older updates though, must keep the detail going!  I hope to take the front end to bits and get some decent panel gaps as it's all a bit on the pi55 close up.  Also need to have a look at the replacement wing as it appeared from day one to be slightly misshapen once the kit was fitted. Want to pull a big dent out on the drivers door and wack some paint on it so that at least both sides of the car are the same....  Maybe fit some interior... Hmmmm, am I  being slightly optimistic????

Yes, majorly! your going to fail big time... now prove me wrong :P

Good luck Shauny boy, i'm sure you will need it! You should just rub the whole thing down and spray it satin black.  :grin:
:grin:  That's the plan, just haven't got enough paint to do it and don't want to do the full car until I have had the screen out and had the rust behind the seal fixed amongst a couple of other areas that need attention.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1222 on: 02 June 2011, 16:54 »
good update there Shaun

cosmetics can come later... just make sure it can get there!  :laugh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1223 on: 02 June 2011, 17:02 »
good update there Shaun

cosmetics can come later... just make sure it can get there!  :laugh:

Yeah i'm sure you lot won't care what it looks like.... well I hope not!..... will bring a board of the hell its been through so others can see what it's about maybe as Chuff suggested.  Be the first time it's ever been shown.... ever!  it never made it to it's first one last time.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1224 on: 02 June 2011, 17:08 »
yeah.. bring the board from hell with you... will make a good read for anyone that doesn't know about it

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1225 on: 02 June 2011, 18:03 »
yeah.. bring the board from hell with you... will make a good read for anyone that doesn't know about it

Not sure how mad I'll go with it. There's interesting and there's me blabbling on... Pictures and plenty of them.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #1226 on: 02 June 2011, 19:08 »
just do a sort of time board from before the show (its first outing) and then last pic should be pulling up at volkfest  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1227 on: 02 June 2011, 21:43 »
just do a sort of time board from before the show (its first outing) and then last pic should be pulling up at volkfest  :smiley:

Sounds ideal except I wont be able to take and print the pic for volksfest once there.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #1228 on: 02 June 2011, 21:47 »
Just cought up bud. Good to see that your still powering on mate

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1229 on: 02 June 2011, 22:02 »
Cheers Lemski

So.... here's the exhaust to manifold bodge for now.  Pic isn't showing the clamps I've since put on but you get the idea.

image hosting

Inner CV joint is p155ing me off.  The bolt you see poking out wont go in any further than pictured.  I can force it but gets harder the more it goes in, I've taken it totally out and it looks fine, cant get my eyes in a place to see if there are obstructions.  May have to undo and remove them all to find out what's up.  :sad: any suggestions??

image hosting service

And now for some pics to show that she's not as pretty as she seems from a distance.

The reason the screen needs to come out, nasty blister under the rubber making the screen leak on to electrics if I allowed it.

image uploading

More rusty screen shizzle

wordpress image upload

Nasty dent which has pushed the curve line by the light with it.  :cry:

image hosting

Annoying dent in the drivers door which has pulled the line in with it.

image uploader

Where the spat decided to take flight (I have another now though)

hosting images

Can't wait to get on with simple things like reviving the badges.

image upload

I hope to get a few of the above done before I come to VF.  :wink: