Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379316 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - Cam Belt Fitted (p115)
« Reply #1170 on: 19 April 2011, 22:24 »
If ur not careful mate ytou'll come to it one day and all unnecisairy wieght will be gone from the golf. And u won't know where it will be.
Show pony cars arnt fun in my oppinion

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1171 on: 19 April 2011, 22:33 »
Full of win :) shame about bad news, can't expect everything to run smoothly though i guess!

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #1172 on: 20 April 2011, 00:14 »
wing deflectors are cool i want some for the leon didnt know they made them for like mk1 and mk2's  :cool:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1174 on: 06 May 2011, 07:58 »
Dude? Everything ok? You're normally around more than a circle? Missing your updates :(

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #1175 on: 06 May 2011, 10:37 »
This is a valid point. U still about mate?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
MK1 Black From The Dead - We're Both Still Alive (p118)
« Reply #1176 on: 13 May 2011, 15:37 »
Dude? Everything ok? You're normally around more than a circle? Missing your updates :(

This is a valid point. U still about mate?

Yeah I'm still alive and so is the car....  But then Guy you know this as you tracked me down on the book of face the other day followed by Chuff.  Had a lot going on at home but I should never have neglected my duties here!  :grin:

As far is the car is concerned I have had to take step back, money is tighter than ever at the moment so all purchases are on hold for now.. I did recently manage to find a cheap pair of A pillar trims to replace the one that went flying!

I clocked up quite a few miles in the first month, perhaps too many but it was a pleasure to drive it again and I think it was well deserved and I waited long enough.  Sadly the shock of being driven again after a long break is starting to show... It's really not running as well as it should, don't think I can do much about it until the warm reg is replaced.  The exhaust is blowing like a biatch at the manifold flexi joint which is now fooked and needs some welding skills.  :cry: 

There are still many parts, especially the interior that need to go back in or on this car but other bits and bobs are required before I can do so.  I really hope to bring her to volksfest, not sure if any paint progress will be made by then but I'd like to think so.

Caught up with a mate last weekend that I hadn't seen for a few years, he bought my old white MK1 off me before I bought this one but sold it on not long after due to missing his mini's.  I used this visit as an excuse to get the old girl out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-BERG-CUP-RALLY-WHEEL-ARCHES-/190526074698?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5c3d2f4a

you need these on your car!!  :cool:

Dude I saw these before a while back!.. I so would if I had the cash!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - We're Both Still Alive (p118)
« Reply #1177 on: 13 May 2011, 15:41 »
 :smiley: you will get there Shaun, after all, you have saved a car that most would have scrapped :afro:

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #1178 on: 13 May 2011, 15:49 »
Liking the hazard racing stripes!  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1179 on: 13 May 2011, 16:04 »
:smiley: you will get there Shaun, after all, you have saved a car that most would have scrapped :afro:

True that.. just envy those that can simply get on with a car and chuck money at them when required.  I've still got the bug but can't get on with it and its show time.  Feck it.. I'm just impatient, I intent to keep the car for life so there's plenty of time yet I suppose.  :cool:

Liking the hazard racing stripes!  :cool:

Ha ha.. wondered if anybody would notice them... There's a strip across her ass too.  Well I saw a box full of rolls of the stuff and our health and safety guy at work said I could take one.  After seeing LL's when it was satin I thought I 'd copy to try and make the car look like a deliberate mess whilst sporting various shades of black.  :cool: