Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285722 times)

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2220 on: 14 April 2011, 14:02 »
it took schumacher from 1991 to 1994 to win a championship with Benetton.

it took schumacher from 1996 to 2000 to win a championship with ferrari.

based on past performance schumacher should win the championship around 2013

Brilliant logic! Its must be 2013/2014!

I hate to say it but Ferrari went down hill as soon as Schumacer left but i do blame Stephano Dominicali (or however you spell his name!) for the team not being front runners in the past couple of years. Jean Tod was a far better team principle! Tod + Brawn + Schumacer was the perfect team!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2221 on: 14 April 2011, 14:05 »
Not really. I then the problem was Todt had deals with the maFIA. Look at him now, president of it. Schumacher used to get away with so so much back in the day and don't forget there are new rules that bring everyone closer together. Ferrari used to have unlimited budget and their own testing and developing facilities. They still do, but they can't really use them the way they used to and they have budget caps.

After all Kimi won the WDC with Stefano as team principal.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2222 on: 14 April 2011, 18:17 »
Only at the last hurdle after an on/off championship. McLaren only lost because of infighting and a software glitch. Still, World Champ he was. Couldn't be 4rsed after that!  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2223 on: 14 April 2011, 23:13 »
Only at the last hurdle after an on/off championship. McLaren only lost because of infighting and a software glitch. Still, World Champ he was. Couldn't be 4rsed after that!  :laugh:

If Rikonnen really wanted to win the championship that year he could have way sooner that the final race! His car had the performance he just didnt make the most of it, he didnt care what so ever!
IMO only in it for the money in the end to add to his Millions after all he got Schumacers annual pay of 51million when he signed up for Ferrari.

I think they should bring back unlimited testing but ensure all teams are able to make good use when they need. It would definitely change which team has the best performing car through the season instead of say last year or the year before with just Red Bull all season or Brawn all season being the top car. If teams had a little less restriction to advance the cars throughout the season i definitely think there would be intuitive ideas like the F-duct and Double Diffusers

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2224 on: 15 April 2011, 23:47 »
redbull set the pace again in practice 2 with mclaren's behind them. mercedes was impressive with their improvement, set 4th and 5th fastest time. qualifying will be interesting  :rolleyes:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2225 on: 16 April 2011, 09:41 »
Looking food for tomorrow. Button seems to be out performing Hamilton so far this year. And there was everyone saying he was rubbish!

Nick

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2226 on: 16 April 2011, 10:04 »
I'm not sure Webber's done himself any favours today...  :lipsrsealed:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2227 on: 16 April 2011, 18:56 »
Looking food for tomorrow. Button seems to be out performing Hamilton so far this year. And there was everyone saying he was rubbish!

Nick

I was one saying he was rubbish and I personally still think Hami is the better driver, I know people say points on the board talk but Lewis was totally mugged by his team last weekend.. I really hope the pair of them bully Vettel tomorrow and stop him fcuking off from the first corner, so far he hasn't had a great deal to deal with, out in front, manages tyres and cruises in...Simple yet effective for Red Bull
« Last Edit: 16 April 2011, 20:37 by bored_Welsh_lad »
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline admc6

• I live here
« Reply #2228 on: 16 April 2011, 20:16 »
I think if they stay close for the first few laps until the DRS becomes active then they should pass him, or at least give him something to think about.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2229 on: 17 April 2011, 09:23 »
Liking today's race a lot :cool: