Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285731 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1260 on: 12 July 2010, 14:57 »
Since the accident Massa has been nowhere. He should really either raise his own bar and punch above his weight or retire. At the moment he's only just keeping his head above the water. Alonso IS expecting it all to be a walk in a park, but then again Ferrari has always been competitive and to suddenly enter a new team and be fighting with renaults and toro rossos must be frustrating. He's not had much luck this year either, engine problems, safety car scandals etc. In my openion Alonso is the best driver out there pound for pound, he's not the best at defending or attacking, but he is consistent and skilled in all areas.Ferrari need to stop complaining as a team about everything and start actually developing the car properly and being competitive. At the end of the day, even the best of drivers (Schumacher) with bad cars can't do much about the raw speed of the redbulls and reliability of the mclaren.

well apart from defending or attacking - what the fcuk is left to do  :rolleyes:

oh yes, moan and bleat, he is fooking Skilled in all those areas :afro:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1261 on: 12 July 2010, 15:00 »
Since the accident Massa has been nowhere. He should really either raise his own bar and punch above his weight or retire. At the moment he's only just keeping his head above the water. Alonso IS expecting it all to be a walk in a park, but then again Ferrari has always been competitive and to suddenly enter a new team and be fighting with renaults and toro rossos must be frustrating. He's not had much luck this year either, engine problems, safety car scandals etc. In my openion Alonso is the best driver out there pound for pound, he's not the best at defending or attacking, but he is consistent and skilled in all areas.Ferrari need to stop complaining as a team about everything and start actually developing the car properly and being competitive. At the end of the day, even the best of drivers (Schumacher) with bad cars can't do much about the raw speed of the redbulls and reliability of the mclaren.

well apart from defending or attacking - what the fcuk is left to do  :rolleyes:

oh yes, moan and bleat, he is fooking Skilled in all those areas :afro:

What I meant is he is not the best defender or attacker but he is very good at them. For example Hamilton is probably the best at attacking, but he's not too great at defending. Vettel is the same, where as webber is pretty good at defending but when it comes to attacking he's not too great.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1262 on: 12 July 2010, 15:07 »
Whhaaaaaat?

Alonso has talent, but he's mental attitude is all wrong. Since that season with Lewis he's lost hi sedge completely. Whenever something goes a bit wrong, rather than concerntrating on his own race, he complains and cries and shouts foul play. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari drop him for 2012 if next year see's no improvement in his attitude and results. The man has 2 world championships to his name and you don't get that by being rubbish but I really can't see him winning another unless he removes that giant ship on his shoulder.

Nick

Offline loki86

• Here all the time
« Reply #1263 on: 12 July 2010, 15:19 »
Whhaaaaaat?

Alonso has talent, but he's mental attitude is all wrong. Since that season with Lewis he's lost hi sedge completely. Whenever something goes a bit wrong, rather than concerntrating on his own race, he complains and cries and shouts foul play. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari drop him for 2012 if next year see's no improvement in his attitude and results. The man has 2 world championships to his name and you don't get that by being rubbish but I really can't see him winning another unless he removes that giant ship on his shoulder.

Nick
+1  :wink:

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1264 on: 12 July 2010, 18:44 »
Whhaaaaaat?

Nick
+1  :wink:

Alonso would make a good footballer!

I don't think he is the best out there. Yes he has talent, but there are better drivers. I hate to say it, but Vettel is up there with him, but he has the same temperament and likes to throw his toys out of his pram. Hamilton is far superior, but he knows it and he is too aggresive. He does not know yet how to look after the car and loses races because of it. (Tyres) The best allrounder at the moment is Button in my opinion. He is seasoned, level headed and talented. He is not too aggresive but just bides his time and waits for the moment. But even though he is not striking with the way he races, it is those qualities that makes him win races.
Kobayashi is the one to watch in the future. Give him a couple more years and with the right car under him, he will be dangerous.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 18:51 by DarnPB »

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1265 on: 12 July 2010, 19:05 »
Hmmmm in my opinion Hamilton is the best in the feild, i would say that thou. I'm a full on Hamilton, Mclaren fan!!  :laugh: saying that, how offtern do you see Hamilton overtaken? He fights and fights and fights to the very end of the race.

Alonso i'd say second best, only second by his attitude. If he raced the car and stopped sticking his hand out the car and fizzing in his helmet he would probably be the best. I think when he lets his temper go it shows in his driving (E.g. Valencia 2010, Alonso fizzing, Kobyashi over-takes last lap) I think the temper comes from the worrie he is getting older and wants another 2 or 3 drivers Championships under his belt before he retires from F1, i really think he wants to be iconic like Schumacer.

I'd then say Vettel is 3rd because he is a very tallented young driver, I think he doesnt cope too well under pressure sometime but he has alot of competition and after all he really wants this title.

So new question...
Who would you say are the top 10 drivers?
Mine:
1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Schumacer
4. Vettle
5. Kubica
6. Button
7. Webber
8. Kobyashi
9. Buemi
10. Rosburg

May think i'm mad but theres method in the madness!  :grin:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1266 on: 12 July 2010, 19:18 »
wait till Ross Brawn sort his car and then your list will be upside down. Remember last year, Brawn GP had same dominence as Redbull this year and if anyone asked about Button prior to that, answer would be sorry who  :lipsrsealed:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1267 on: 12 July 2010, 19:34 »
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Rosburg  <-- why?
4. Alonso
5. Vettel
6. Webber
7. Kubica
8. Barrichello  <-- Above Schumacher?!?!?!  :undecided:
9. Schumacher
10. Massa

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #1268 on: 12 July 2010, 19:43 »
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Rosburg  <-- why?
4. Alonso
5. Vettel
6. Webber
7. Kubica
9. Schumacher
10. Massa

Its not an all time great drivers list is it? its whose there an now, an right now, schumi is shhhiiiiiiitttt!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1269 on: 12 July 2010, 19:49 »
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Rosburg  <-- why?
4. Alonso
5. Vettel
6. Webber
7. Kubica
9. Schumacher
10. Massa

Its not an all time great drivers list is it? its whose there an now, an right now, schumi is shhhiiiiiiitttt!

Schumi is in a crap car!!! Had a bad day yday but Rosburg is no where near better than him!!!!