Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2792254 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5450 on: 29 September 2016, 16:24 »

Yes they do. The new Passat (if keyless) has the fob exactly like that. I'd imagine the new Tiguan does too... and probably the next Golf!

Thanks for that.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5451 on: 30 September 2016, 09:39 »
Dropped it off for 1st Service.

Been a while since I switched my oedal box off, but turned it off this morning to take it in for the service – journey to dealership felt like the car had been given an anaesthetic.  Look forward to getting it back later and giving the much needed shot of adrenalin that is the pedal box.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline juwivive

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5452 on: 30 September 2016, 12:29 »
Rang the dealer to cancel my order for the replacement car (after VW wrongly built the original one).  I'm a bit fed up, to be honest.  This whole episode has completely soured me on VW.  I had been thinking about whether I'd made the right decision in re-ordering for a while and finally bit the bullet.

I spoke to the used car manager, as the sales manager seems to be avoiding me, and the salesman has been busy with end-of-month handovers.  He didn't seem to mind at all (probably because it doesn't affect him) and said that he couldn't see why I wouldn't get my deposit back.  Time will tell on that score.  He promised to phone me back later today to confirm everything.  Time will tell on that score, too.

Now to decide what I want instead.  I would imagine it will be German, but it won't be a VAG product.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5453 on: 30 September 2016, 12:53 »
Subjected mine to the ultimate indignity - a visit to the tip. I wouldn't normally do this but the tip closes soon for a month and having been working on my garden there was stuff desperate to go and my OH's car was unavailable :sad:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5454 on: 30 September 2016, 13:33 »
Collected car from dealership after Service.  All done and fine.  MIB2 software update done (supposed to sort 'black screen of death' issues experienced on MIB2 system). 

Have ordered a replacement undertray for underneath of car (to front) to be fitted next week, as mine got cracked yesterday when I met an articulated lorry coming down a single track rural road.  I had to reverse about 1/4 mile back and pull into a farmers field up a steep incline, and when gingerly coming back onto the road/track, heard horrible scraping sound which was the plastic undertray catching on the roadway.  Got out and had a look underneath and could see it had come loose and had split. Catches on some speed bumps so needs replacing. 

Also got the 'change key battery' warning up on the DIS first thing this morning (a year to the day of getting car), so they replaced the battery under warranty whilst it was in there.

Otherwise all ok.   :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5455 on: 30 September 2016, 15:23 »
Hi all

Not done much but have eventually bit the bullet and got the replacement audi 12v socket cover  :whistle: :whistle:

[/url

[url=https://postimg.org/image/bmawxtsb5/]
« Last Edit: 30 September 2016, 16:19 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5456 on: 30 September 2016, 19:20 »

Have ordered a replacement undertray for underneath of car (to front) to be fitted next week, as mine got cracked yesterday. 

Also got the 'change key battery' warning up on the DIS first thing this morning (a year to the day of getting car), so they replaced the battery under warranty whilst it was in there.

Is your pet name for the car "Lucky"?

The missus scuffed up one of her A1's alloys quite badly yesterday against a kerb while avoiding a Bus's wide arc, looking for a good refurber around Newcastle - plenty of choice, not sure how good or bad any of them are. Luckily enough it is a painted wheel. Might ask them for some spare paint afterwards to do the stone chips on my Prets.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5457 on: 30 September 2016, 20:31 »

Have ordered a replacement undertray for underneath of car (to front) to be fitted next week, as mine got cracked yesterday. 

Is your pet name for the car "Lucky"?

The missus scuffed up one of her A1's alloys quite badly yesterday against a kerb while avoiding a Bus's wide arc, looking for a good refurber around Newcastle - plenty of choice, not sure how good or bad any of them are. Luckily enough it is a painted wheel. Might ask them for some spare paint afterwards to do the stone chips on my Prets.

No the cars pet name is "unLucky"   :-(

Just one of those unavoidable things, at least it was just the undertray that got damaged, better that than the stuff it's protecting :-) and the 4WD meant I didn't get stuck in the muddy field, worked a dream.  Annoying though as absolute madness for a long artic lorry to be on a road like that.  Ironically I was on my way to a site meeting with the parish council to look at a remedy for that very problem of heavy vehicles running over the village green and mashing it into oblivion!  Some high kerbs and bell bollards are on the horizon ;-)

Sorry to hear about your mrs kerbing her wheel.  Buses, lorries, grrr. Perhaps someone on here can recommend one of your local refurbers?

« Last Edit: 30 September 2016, 20:33 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #5458 on: 30 September 2016, 20:49 »
Collected car from dealership after Service.  All done and fine.  MIB2 software update done (supposed to sort 'black screen of death' issues experienced on MIB2 system). 

Have ordered a replacement undertray for underneath of car (to front) to be fitted next week, as mine got cracked yesterday when I met an articulated lorry coming down a single track rural road.  I had to reverse about 1/4 mile back and pull into a farmers field up a steep incline, and when gingerly coming back onto the road/track, heard horrible scraping sound which was the plastic undertray catching on the roadway.  Got out and had a look underneath and could see it had come loose and had split. Catches on some speed bumps so needs replacing. 

For someone that cares for there car, i've seen you detailing pages, you have had some bad luck or unfortunate issues, sorry to hear about the under tray, on the bright side if you keep going, you'll have a new car soon  :wink:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5459 on: 30 September 2016, 21:15 »

For someone that cares for there car, i've seen you detailing pages, you have had some bad luck or unfortunate issues, sorry to hear about the under tray, on the bright side if you keep going, you'll have a new car soon  :wink:

It's true, looking at it like that, this is my unluckiest car to date.  Never really had any issues of note with any previous Golfs.  But I try not to think that way as it would probably affect the way I see the car and spoil my ownership of it, so have to just take these setbacks on the chin and move on.  Still love the car.  :smiley:

It's just a plastic tray at the end of the day, but a bloody expensive one though - £93 to replace!!!
« Last Edit: 30 September 2016, 21:17 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual