Author Topic: Which oil?  (Read 5026 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Which oil?
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2019, 13:58 »
Not specifically no and at 7k miles the engine will be way past the bedding in stage too.
You should learn some manners daddy man. Your tone is quite condescending.
haven't a clue what you're going on about! You replied to a question and then it was expanded on, what's the problem?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2019, 15:25 »
When I picked my 7.5 GTI up in December I researched the oil on the web as VW information unclear - Castrol 5W-30.
I’m fastidious bordering OCD on oil levels, check at least weekly, engine oil temp at least 70 degrees, left for at least 10 mins, measured in exact same physical location as yes, the engines appear to be very gradient sensitive. - not burnt a drop, changed at just over 6k.

I’m pretty much the same! Presumably you’ve had the first service earlier than scheduled if at only 6k?
I’m wondering whether to book in for service in around a month, rather than top up- in truth the level is ok, though the oil is starting to look a little dark
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2019, 15:31 »
Not specifically no and at 7k miles the engine will be way past the bedding in stage too.
haven't a clue what you're going on about! You replied to a question and then it was expanded on, what's the problem?
Well not exactly. You replied dismissively to my advise/comment which you quoted.  I was only giving my 2 cents which I believe to be good information. No problem 😉 (yet) 🤣
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2019, 20:55 »
When I picked my 7.5 GTI up in December I researched the oil on the web as VW information unclear - Castrol 5W-30.
I’m fastidious bordering OCD on oil levels, check at least weekly, engine oil temp at least 70 degrees, left for at least 10 mins, measured in exact same physical location as yes, the engines appear to be very gradient sensitive. - not burnt a drop, changed at just over 6k.

I’m pretty much the same! Presumably you’ve had the first service earlier than scheduled if at only 6k?
I’m wondering whether to book in for service in around a month, rather than top up- in truth the level is ok, though the oil is starting to look a little dark

Yep, I’ve gone early at 9 months and just under 4K, figure oil is cheaper than an engine. Meant to do at 6 months but was tied up with work.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2019, 06:23 »
Well not exactly. You replied dismissively to my advise/comment which you quoted.  I was only giving my 2 cents which I believe to be good information. No problem 😉 (yet) 🤣
Dismissively? Now I'm well and truly stumped 😂 It was additional information on top of your information 🤷‍♂️.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 18 October 2019, 12:34 »
Dismissively? Now I'm well and truly stumped 😂 It was additional information on top of your information 🤷‍♂️.
Misunderstanding then. I picked it up wrongly. Apologies. 😁👍🏻
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2019, 14:39 »
No worries at all 👍👍

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 21 October 2019, 14:18 »
Ty my knowledge vw dealer  put shell helix ultra 0w-30 on my last service 504 spec. I think IF they use Castrol its 5w-30.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 21 October 2019, 18:40 »
Ty my knowledge vw dealer  put shell helix ultra 0w-30 on my last service 504 spec. I think IF they use Castrol its 5w-30.

Thanks, that’s interesting.
My service is not due for 2400 miles/ nearly 2 months but i’ll get it done a little earlier- and I’ll be sure to ask what oil they’ve put in.
Thanks for replies, you’ve helped me make up my mind
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 22 October 2019, 06:54 »
5/40 full synthetic is best for turbo and engine ,i changed to millers 5/40 nano drive at 200 miles
clubsport S no 215