Author Topic: Why do all the small jobs come at once?  (Read 339 times)

Offline dkw

• GTI forum regular
Why do all the small jobs come at once?
« on: 10 May 2011, 17:50 »
I went away for a few days last week and my brake lights packed up, I traced it back to the switch and had to drive back 100 miles without the lights.

I got back and took the switch out and it seemed a bit stiff but when I tried it again it worked fine, but I ordered a new one anyway, for the next 2 days my brake lights worked fine, then on Thursday they were dead again, and the new switch hadn't arrived, and I was off to my girlfriends in Kent on Friday, so I stripped the switch and found a tiny sliver of copper broken off. I managed to solder it back and get it working and the brake lights were sorted  :smiley: then....

I drove down to Kent and as I got there I was crawling in masses of traffic and could hear that I have a rear wheel bearing gone  :angry:, I parked up at the hotel and looked into the footwell to find that 2 of the springs from under my seat had come off  :angry:, We got in the car to go out at night and I have a sidelight out, then the next day we parked the car up to go for a coffee and when we got back to it there was a crack running up the windscreen  :angry: :angry: It never rains eh!!!!!
Currently : 1999 MK4 1.8t Gti AGU 5 Door In Black, Pipercross Panel Filter, Full Milltek De-cat system, 4mo rear valance.
Previous Dubs : 66 Splitty, 55 Oval Beetle, 68 Beetle, 69 Beetle, 71 Beetle, Mk1 Scirocco, T25 Camper, 89 Golf Synchro 4x4, 91 Golf Driver, MK3 8V Golf Gti.

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: Why do all the small jobs come at once?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2011, 19:21 »
jesus mate, bad luck   :lipsrsealed:

atleast they are only small jobs, apart from windscreen  :huh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19