Author Topic: New products  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
New products
« on: 12 April 2014, 20:19 »
I can't say a lot so some might think this a pretty pointless post, however I was given some new products to test yesterday and they are brilliant. There will be others but I tried a new PH neutral snow foam and a wheel cleaner on the Beemer last night. The snow foam was nice and thick and rinsed off without loads of effort and the wheel cleaner visibly worked before my eyes without any agitation, it wasn't an 'iron out' type product, but just a weekly cleaner.

As soon as it goes to market I'll let you know where you can buy it etc.

They will be launching a full range:-

Wash and wax
Glass cleaner
Three types of snow foam
Tyre dressings

And a basic range of accessories, of which are some of the best/cheapest wool wash mits I've seen.

Watch this space!

Cheers

Ginge

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: New products
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2014, 20:42 »
Always interested in decent detailing products.  Look forward to getting more info  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2014, 21:39 »
I knew you'd be interested! There may be an opportunity for some more testing and a black car would be ideal. Once I have more info I'll drop you a PM.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2014, 22:54 »
Cool, I'd be happy to help out Ginge.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2014, 20:02 »
New lambs wool wash mits arrived today for testing too, they look great, nice and long pile and in a couple of types too.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2014, 22:49 »
What are the 2 types exactly?  Are they as long a pile as DJ Wookie or Yeti mitts, or more like tribble mitts?

I guess you're the perfect tester given the frequency you wash that bimmer  :grin:
« Last Edit: 14 April 2014, 23:47 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2014, 08:07 »
Here's some pics, I've always used dodo juice tribble and fresh out of the pack they seem on a par.

The light coloured one has too much nylon on the mesh part for my liking but the other one seems fine.

Basically there is one with a thumb, one without, one with a mesh on one side and the light coloured one that has a mesh and a glove type thing which for me was a bit tight.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2014, 08:11 by Ginge 35Edition »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2014, 09:30 »
Look promising, agree about the pale one.  The other mesh one looks very much like a Megs mitt, which I've used in the past but much prefer the other 2 types.  They look v similar to dodo ones. 

I usually use tribble in summer and wookie in winter.  Love the wookie, but because it sucks up so much water, and given I haven't got big strapping man hands, I find it takes its toll on the wrists.

Interested in how they compare and the lifespan.  Keep us updated, as you put them through their paces.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2014, 13:55 »
I'm also very interested in this - especially the tyre dressing and wheel cleaners!

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2014, 15:54 »
For testing this weekend:-

Solvent based tyre dressing
Rinse aid
Matte trim dressing
Fast evapourating glass cleaner
traditional glass cleaner

Sad I kow but cant wait!

I've asked and once they have confirmed their range they'll let me have some 1ltr samples for sending to those who are interested for some feedback.