Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 652443 times)

Offline MartinrobGTi

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2300 on: 07 January 2015, 22:35 »
I assume you disconnected it briefly and tried again, just didn't spend three hours fitting it and flattening the battery by leaving the lights, doors open e.t.c.

I think it may actually be the battery that's dead! I tried the battery charger onit just incase and it was shiwing it was absolutely flat! So hopefully thars all it is, cross fingers! Nor me, i cant see any reason why instslling the radio would cause a genuine mechanical problem, i just assumed it was that i think as it was what i was doing st the same time coincidently!
Golf Mk6 GTi | Candy White | RNS 510 | Revo Stage 2 | Pipercross Stage 2 Intake | Milltek Cat Back 3" Race System Non Resonated | 3" Pipewerx Downpipe & 200 Cell Sportscat | H&R Sport Springs | 18" Monza Shadows | Rear LED Tail Lights | Wind Deflectors | NGK Iridiums | Sachs Race Clutch

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2301 on: 08 January 2015, 16:19 »
Gave the interior a good clean. It wasn't filthy but definitely looked better for it and the leather got a clean and condition too. Also got some goodies for the car delivered:

Polished Bliss Wheel Woolies and a Porsche 911 Oil Cap from Awesome GTI's eBay

Doesn't make too much difference at the min but will hopefully look a lot better than the standard cap once I've finished my plans for the engine cover:

Please let us know what you think, I've been toying with the same ...... Those bulbs got good reviews

Some pics for you of the bulbs, not the best but will hopefully give you an idea. I'm yet to take them on my main journey that I do in the dark, but I have noticed the difference from the standard bulbs.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2302 on: 10 January 2015, 11:13 »
Updated to V12 Maps for my DAB RNS 510!!!!!

scott :smiley:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2303 on: 10 January 2015, 20:02 »
Bought a mk7 Golf R, used the mk6 GTD to get there mind, collection date TBA.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline danpen1306

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2304 on: 10 January 2015, 20:19 »
Updated to V12 Maps for my DAB RNS 510!!!!!

scott :smiley:

Was this easy to do? And where did you get the update from?
New - 2019 Golf R, Indium Grey, 5 door, Black gloss Pret's, Dynaudio

Gone - 2018 Audi S3 Saloon, Ara Blue, 19" V spokes, Tech pack

Gone - 2016 GTI PP, Black, 5 door, DSG, CarPlay

Gone - 2012 GTD, Candy White, 5 door, Charleston's, DSG, Leather, RNS-510, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and a Big Smile

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2305 on: 11 January 2015, 02:46 »

Just seen it in the mk7 section, low miles, great colour and spec.  Very nice  :cool:

Sad to see the gtd go  :sad:  but bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel of the R  :grin:
« Last Edit: 11 January 2015, 02:58 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2306 on: 11 January 2015, 03:11 »

Just seen it in the mk7 section, low miles, great colour and spec.  Very nice  :cool:

Sad to see the gtd go  :sad:  but bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel of the R  :grin:

Looks great in the blue with the Prets.

Is yours on order at long last Frau B?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2307 on: 11 January 2015, 06:53 »

Looks great in the blue with the Prets.

Is yours on order at long last Frau B?

Not yet Hr. Ex

It's the very next thing on my to do list on my return from hols.  Currently sunning myself on a Maldivian island  :cool:  is it chilly back in Blighty??   :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2308 on: 11 January 2015, 08:18 »

Yeah was a chance buy at a good price, I will be sad to see the GTD it has been very reliable and I have enjoyed driving it, its taken me to many places. But the R is next level.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2309 on: 11 January 2015, 10:29 »

Not yet Hr. Ex

It's the very next thing on my to do list on my return from hols.  Currently sunning myself on a Maldivian island  :cool:  is it chilly back in Blighty??   :tongue:

How could it ever be cold here with you around the forum to warm the cockles of our hearts?  :kiss:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Anyway, just because you're on holiday doesn't mean you can't get an order rolling - I think I remember sitting in a caravan on one of those cheap half term breaks in Cornwall sorting out a car order on my mobile phone whilst everyone else went swimming!  :laugh:
Not quite the Maldives I know but when one has internet one has the world at ones feet. Or something like that...

The thing is tho' you may only be getting 39mpg due to the conditions, but a petrol would just about do that on the long run with all the moons and stars aligned. On a similar journey you'd see mid 20's from a petrol???

My MOT tester, who I've known for 20+ years, keeps dropping hints about wanting to buy my GT, and yesterday was no different. When I got home I'd had an email from the local dealer with some of their offers. I could either knock a £17k hole in my savings and have a new car, or sell mine, have some change from the maximum PCP deposit, pay hardly noticeable monthly payments for 3 years and then be left with a bill for £13k or no car. No thanks. I wouldn't mind changing it for a DSG of some description, but paying much less to change, but then I wouldn't know where the new car had been.

My problem (if you can call it that) is I tend to look after my cars so well that I am reluctant to let anyone else have the benefit of all my efforts, or couldn't bear to see it driven round looking like a sh!t tip. That's why I end up keeping them for ever.

Face it, you're just stingy! That's why you have £17k+ savings and not a shiny R8 parked outside depreciating  :laugh:

I know what you mean though, I cherished one of the MK2's I had so much that despite having this irrepressible itch to buy a VR6 (this was quite some time ago you'll notice!) that when the guy came with the cash to pick it up, having sold it on my birthday of all days, I couldn't even eat my meal when we went out later in the day. I just knew he'd not look after it the same.

No surprises when I saw it with a huge dent in the door a couple months later. Grrrrrrrr

Still, I'm older and wiser now and if I wasn't stuck on this silly ownership merry-go-round why the holy heck would I own a car when I could lease for peanuts like this: http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/57649/volkswagen/golf/20_tdi_gtd_5dr.html
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner