Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601991 times)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #6140 on: 24 November 2012, 18:58 »
Fitted new tandem fuel pump and gasket. (if anyone needs help fitting one let me know I'll talk you through it)

Offline Wooosh

• GTI forum regular
  • The Shocker.
« Reply #6141 on: 29 November 2012, 16:05 »
Treated mine to a new Bosch heavy duty battery as mine died on me the other morning :grin:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #6142 on: 29 November 2012, 16:11 »
Had a possible buyer look over it today :cry:

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #6143 on: 30 November 2012, 10:11 »
you selling your boy? how come!!

Offline Cory

• Here all the time
« Reply #6144 on: 30 November 2012, 17:48 »
ran fuel lines to the 20v, fitten new lift pump. played with some i/c pipework, thought about moving the battery back a little then it rained  :sick:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #6145 on: 30 November 2012, 19:20 »
I went to my friends garage today and helped him clean the manifold and inlet valves. We checked the intercooler pipes and the inlet pipe on the throttle bottle and there was only the slightest hint of a smear of oil, so just gave them a wipe down.

The inlet valves and little aerofoil like pieces were absolutely caked in sh!t, as were the ends of the injectors. After two hours of taking apart, cleaning with carb cleaner and a toothbrush and putting back together, we were done.

It has completely sorted the rough idle problem I was encountering and the car is a lot smoother at low speeds. I can categorically say that there are no performance gains to speak of. I'm bowled over by just how much sh!t came off the offending items and feel a lot happier with them cleaned. I just can't believe that the TFSI engine continues to run with any assemblance of order with filthy 'coked up' valves and manifold such as I witnessed today.

Here's some photos of the work carried out....

Also finally managed to get my factory engine cover fitted to incorporate the aftermarket cold air induction system. Makes the engine bay look a bit tidier and quietens down those damn noisy injectors!
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #6146 on: 30 November 2012, 19:46 »
Fitted new gear box mount and new starter motor very happy with the result  :smiley:

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #6147 on: 30 November 2012, 20:57 »
Brand new R32 brushed alu handbrake button and leather handle with silver stitching, matches the R-Line gearknob/gaitor now :cool:

« Last Edit: 30 November 2012, 21:01 by Golf_GT_TDI »

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #6148 on: 02 December 2012, 23:02 »
Drove her for the last time. after three years of service. gonna be sad to see her go :(

Oh and bought the new golf  :evil:

Offline allsmiles

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6149 on: 03 December 2012, 01:02 »
washed mine today