Author Topic: More BHP  (Read 4705 times)

Offline vMWMv

• Not said much yet
More BHP
« on: 01 October 2011, 08:16 »
I've got a 58 plate 1.9 TDI and looking for a bit more 'umphhh'. It's 105BHP at the moment, which is a lot better than my cars in the past however it would be very nice if I could have more power. What are the options I have? Turbo/remap/box?

Please be warned: I'm slowly learning about cars.
New Volkswagen Owner: 58 MK5 TDI Match, Red.

Offline new to vw

• Here all the time
Re: More BHP
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2011, 16:48 »
Right bud, get yourself to R-Tech and get them to remap it for you, takes it upto 140-145 if i remember correctly but the increase in torque will pop your eyes out.....
Give it a damm good service before you go and get some ultimate diesal in there...If your going to map it you might as well get the extra bang from the fuel as well :grin: :grin:
5 door 1.8t AUM

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2011, 16:59 »
being on a hire purchase agreement you may be better off with a tuning box that you can remove in seconds. Remap is always the best way but not always the most convenient. If you decide to go for a remap forum sponsors carbon chip tuning do some very nice software for your engine http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=98.0 probably the most smooth feeling maps i've ever driven.

Offline new to vw

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2011, 08:30 »
Hi there topher, can you recomend a tuning box then..?????
5 door 1.8t AUM

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2011, 08:24 »
Speak to the Doc , he will do a brilliant map for your motor and he's top bloke too with great aftercare sales !! He is the forum sponser  :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf