Author Topic: Why are the GT TDI's  (Read 13776 times)

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
Re: Why are the GT TDI's
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2011, 20:00 »
I'll have my GT TDI up for sale in the next few weeks.

2004, 58,000 miles, GTI Interior, GTI Gearstick, Remapped, Milltek Cat Back Exhaust, Colour Coded GTI Rear Bumper, Cruise Control, Dual Zone Climate Control, FSH, could well be a few other bits too.

Let me know if your interested!

Matt

How much are you selling for? What colour? Doors? Pics please?

mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline MattPoss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2011, 21:03 »
I havn't really had a look around yet to see what they are going for but probably somewhere around the £7000 mark. As I say, I'm not sure until I have a look.

I'll put some pics up later on but the car is currently on BBS VZ's and S3 Brakes e.t.c which won't be included in the sale. Its Sage Green but it looks kinda grey, nowhere near as bad as it sounds! Its a 5 door aswell, oh and I'm near Carlisle if anyone is interested!

Cheers,
Matt

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2011, 21:12 »
I havn't really had a look around yet to see what they are going for but probably somewhere around the £7000 mark. As I say, I'm not sure until I have a look.

I'll put some pics up later on but the car is currently on BBS VZ's and S3 Brakes e.t.c which won't be included in the sale. Its Sage Green but it looks kinda grey, nowhere near as bad as it sounds! Its a 5 door aswell, oh and I'm near Carlisle if anyone is interested!

Cheers,
Matt

Sounds like a nice motor, would be interested in more details... but Carlisle is a trek

mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline MattPoss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 18 January 2011, 21:26 »
Oohhhh, just seen your from Cambridge, it's a fair distance!!!

I'll get some decent interior and exterior photos up of how it sits now if I get home before it's dark tomorrow!

Cheers,
Matt

Offline MattPoss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2011, 19:09 »
My car's now in the Classified section.......

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=179727.0

Matt

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 February 2011, 06:14 »
Mine came fully loaded!

Xenons, full leather, DSG, Electric folding mirrors, auto dimming rear mirror, all round electric windows, cruise control, lots and lots!  :cool:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 06 February 2011, 10:48 »
Mine came fully loaded!

Xenons, full leather, DSG, Electric folding mirrors, auto dimming rear mirror, all round electric windows, cruise control, lots and lots!  :cool:

Yep, I bought GT TDI from new and it was almost like yours, but with Satnav, phone prep and MFSW (think this was with the Satnav option!).

So, the high spec cars are out there. The trouble is that there aren't that many of them. When I bought mine it was around £25k and after 18 months of ownership I only got £13.5k back on a low mileage example :shocked:
If I'd bought a poverty spec one at £19k I'd have still got £12k back over the same period and only lost £7k in depreciation instead of £11.5k - basically almost the cost of all the options. This is why you don't get many high spec ones too. :smiley:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #17 on: 06 February 2011, 13:20 »
Its the main reason why I chose the S Line over the Golf. 

For near as damnit the same money I had a fully equipped car with the options I wanted and with lower mileage.  Only difference was the age; about 6 months but the difference in spec, fit and finish etc etc was too hard to ignore.

That and the S Line is the better looking car IMO. 

The final nail in the coffin was the to55er of a sales man who was
a) rude to Linzi and TOLD her to sit in the back when taking the car for a test drive
b) couldn't be bothered to entertain the idea of sourcing a car with my spec - bluetooth, MSFW and 18 inch wheels.  Hardly expensive, awkward options  :rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :wink:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2011, 14:51 »
Ill have mine up for sale in July if you can wait, you might not know my car but what it doesn't have in spec is not worth having, Will be up for around the £6k ono

Bad points its a Cat-C but has more or less been fully rebuilt, just had both front wings painted and the rear drivers side qtr was replaced, Ive been the owner for the last 5 years and not once has it caused an ounce of a problem.

Car:
2005 GT TDI 16v
Black magic
87k miles mostly motorway,

Spec:
Auto leveling Bi-Xenons
Headlight washers
Automatic dual zone climate(mk6 golf)
Folding mirrors with puddle lights(includes very rare auto dimming side mirrors and reverse dip)
Highline dash
GTI MFSW
Cruise control
VW Premium Bluetooth
RNS510 Satnav
MDI media in
Rear badge reverse camera
18" BBS CH's
FK Highsport Silverline Coilovers(also have std sus)
Mk6 golf GTD interior
Black GTI roof lining
Full electrics(no sunroof)
Newer shape GT bumper with GTI sideskirts and rear bumper

« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 06:32 by mortygt140 »

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2011, 21:40 »
Very nice looking car there! Where did you get the reg plates from?

And where did you get your wheels from? Are they genuine or replicas?
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!