Author Topic: Why are the GT TDI's  (Read 13789 times)

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
Re: Why are the GT TDI's
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2011, 22:14 »
Cheers Obbzi the plates came from a guy at the last VW Festival, unfortunately the wheels are reps but they have been perfect for the last 15 months.

Darren

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 02 May 2011, 22:37 »
Whee did you get the wheels from? There are loads on ebay and everywhere just don't know which ones to get! I also have a black GT and can't make my mind up whether to go for black wheels or silver  wheels? I really want some of the BBS CH's!
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 02 May 2011, 23:07 »
I actually got the wheels from a company called MotorsportWheels in Leeds,

Personally I think black wheels on a black car looks bad, too much black.

Darren

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 May 2011, 18:36 »
Ok cheers mate! I will get in touch with them for a price  :cool:

Offline jd69

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 29 June 2011, 12:16 »
Hey everyone, new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.

I have just bought a 140 GT TDI on an 54 plate and am looking to add a few mods to subtly beef it up a bit. Want to stick with OEM parts where possible.

Ideally looking to go for the same look as "mortygt1402" (lovely ride btw, would have been v interested in this car had i found this link earlier).

So being new to the MKV....... i have a couple of questions about lights ,bumpers, lowering, etc....

1) Where do i get Auto leveling Bi-Xenons like "mortygt1402" has? Is it a whole light unit or just the bulbs? Are the auto leveling sensors easy to fit? Are these standard GTI light units???.................

2) I think i am going to go for 18's and drop it... What is the best set up, Offset, etc... I dont really want it to rub - im thinking 30mm???

Sorry im a bit cluless - wasn't expecting to buy this car - was last minute so trying to get up to speed

cheers 

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 01 July 2011, 06:34 »
?Hi JD welcome to the forum :smiley: well firstly the xenons are standard fit on some golfs i.e the R32 and optional on all others so if you can find the headlights cheap enough thats your first hurdle. 

Once you have them you will need some adaptors to convert the existing 10pin loom to a 12pin loom this can be bought from Kufatec.de aswell has the adaptor loom you can get the full auto level kit from them too, the cost is about £400 for the lot Autolevel and adaptors.

Has for wheels and drop your bang on the ball with 30mm thats about the best drop on springs, try go for good quality ones i.e Eibachs, KW. Wheels you need to try and go as close to manufacturer spec which for the golf is ET50 offset so anything down to around ET45 anything below your going to get some rubbing.

Other than that its what your tastes are and how far you want to go.

Happy modding

Darren

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 02 July 2011, 18:56 »
jd69,

Getting the oem xenons fitted could be expensive and a bit tricky, you could look at fitting an aftermarket xenon conversion kit, these are only about £60 nowadays and are easy to fit!