Author Topic: Splitter  (Read 1434 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Splitter
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2022, 13:55 »
No.....

MK7 GTi

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2022, 02:19 »
I have maxton design v2 on my GTI, here with my best mate who has one of the TRC splitters on his R. Hope it helps

2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2022, 16:49 »
Did you need to remove the bumper to install? Mine just came in today and I looked at fitting however I can't see anyway to get my hands under the tray to bolt it up? Wondering if it'd be easier to use some self tappers

It'll rip off if you don't use nut/bolts & large washers to spread the load. Look on Youtube on how to fit it, plenty of good examples on there

This is a Maxton V3 on mine, blends in well with the rest of the black too,

The only down side with adding a splitter when its lowered is getting in & out of multistory car parks, avoiding scraping the corners .

2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2022, 13:49 »
My old Rieger Front Splitter:

Looks great! However, am I correct in thinking you haven't lowered it? Mines lowered 25mm all round and scraps over every single bump or ramp in car parks etc. I'm thinking I would just rip mine off if I got it installed.
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2022, 15:37 »

Looks great! However, am I correct in thinking you haven't lowered it? Mines lowered 25mm all round and scraps over every single bump or ramp in car parks etc. I'm thinking I would just rip mine off if I got it installed.

No I hadn't lowered mine, the front is just a 10mm piece of plastic as decoration so either it would chip off a single piece or else you could trim it down to your desired thickness over all with a dremmel saw and some tape. 
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/