Author Topic: MK7 keyless entry  (Read 722 times)

Offline Shakabe_97

• Just got here
MK7 keyless entry
« on: 26 April 2022, 08:42 »
hello can anyone show me how to disable keyless entry on a mk7 GTI (not 7.5). can it be done so the doors dont unlock. any help would be appreciated

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: MK7 keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2022, 09:08 »
Have a read of this;

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=282638.0

Assume you’re concerned about the potential risk of theft of your car. Rather than permanently disable keyless, why not consider other options;
- Faraday pouch or small metal container that can be closed to keep your keys in.
- visible physical protection such as a Disklok or Stoplock Elite Pro.

From what I’ve read on the Golf R forum, pretty much any thefts of forum members Golf R’s on that forum has been as a result of the perpetrators breaking into the car owner’s house and stealing the keys, rather than by intercepting the keyless signal with signal booster amplification equipment.

To minimise the risk of key theft from your house, it might be worth reviewing your home security. Also, if you have a garage that’s large enough to get your car in but the garage is currently used to store junk, then take the opportunity to have a clear out and garage your car when it’s not being used - if would-be perpetrators can’t see it then it removes temptation; out of sight is out of mind.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2022, 11:12 »
If someone wants your car they will find a way to take it.

But would you rather they took the keyless signal and took the car without disturbing you, or would you rather they broke into your house to take the keys, and at the same time putting you and your family at risk?

Just make sure that you have decent insurance.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2022, 11:51 »
If someone wants your car they will find a way to take it.

But would you rather they took the keyless signal and took the car without disturbing you, or would you rather they broke into your house to take the keys, and at the same time putting you and your family at risk?

Just make sure that you have decent insurance.

Leave it unlocked with the keys on the seat then!

The guys with the keyless break-in tech are after low hanging fruit. Their MO isn't smashing doors and waving axes.

Use obd11 to disable the keyless, don't let chancers get away with it.

The people who would smash your door in, will smash your door in anyway!!!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2022, 21:55 »
Well you shouldn't make it so easy for the casual thief by leaving it unlocked...

It does look like the keyless can be disabled in Carista.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2022, 07:10 »
Just lightly touch the indent on the door handle as you leave.... that's what I do each time, just takes a second.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.