Author Topic: cutting springs??  (Read 6742 times)

Offline yellowgti

• Here all the time
Re: cutting springs??
« Reply #10 on: 30 June 2006, 13:10 »
oh dear is it going be that bad!! ive only cut 2 rings off them thats all, oh well if it gets wrote off all the more reason for a vr6 or r32 ;-) could really do with the golf dissapearing anyway my lady refuses to sell her baby and states that when we move to florida next year shes taking it with her! please no! we need to be taking a vr6 or r32 in yellow! ;-)
"Some say he has a brain made out of fish and that he has no drivers licence at all, all we know is he's called The-Stig"

Judderi

« Reply #11 on: 30 June 2006, 14:12 »
Selling babies is illegal you know.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #12 on: 30 June 2006, 14:18 »
oh dear is it going be that bad!! ive only cut 2 rings off them thats all, oh well if it gets wrote off all the more reason for a vr6 or r32 ;-)

Of course all the time you'll spend in hospitalbeing put back together will not be inconvenient, not to mention what the police and insurance company will do to you if they discover youhave simply hacked at your suspension with a hack saw.

People gave you good advice on here and you just ignored it and are now putting yours and your loved safety at risk. all for what? To look cool? Not worth it in my opinion.

Nick

Judderi

« Reply #13 on: 30 June 2006, 14:20 »
No offense mate but you sound like a bit of a twit.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #14 on: 30 June 2006, 14:22 »
Who me? If so why?

Nick

Offline Golf8vGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2006, 16:37 »
I think the twit comment was directed at the person who cut there springs not you  :smiley:

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2006, 16:51 »
and i would agree with it t.w.a.t.  if u end up in hospital im gonna make sure u get the biggest damn catheter u have ever seen by way of punishment......

Offline yellowgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2006, 16:58 »
just bin scrappy and found some g-max springs dont know how much lower they are untill i compare when i put them on ! set of 4 springs for £30 ;-) safely does it! oh and im not just a t.w.a.t im the biggest T.w.a.t ever! but i do care for my missus and didnt realise how bad cutting the springs could be!
"Some say he has a brain made out of fish and that he has no drivers licence at all, all we know is he's called The-Stig"

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2006, 17:02 »
glad to see you've seen the error of your ways  :smiley:

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2006, 17:03 »
ok u have redeemed yourself let this be a lesson for you, listen to the wisdom of the 'o great forum'