Author Topic: Wheel center caps  (Read 2644 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: Wheel center caps
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2021, 13:07 »
I used a blunt kitchen knife, levering against the centre cap outwards, and they came out with virtually no force at all. No pressure or marking to the alloyse, no mvisible marking to the centre cap either.

Makes me surprised they don't all get pinched!

Anyway, definitely no need to take the wheel off to get them out.

I can confirm that Martin is correct, just removed and replaced all mine with new dynamic caps in a matter of minutes. Very easy and definitely no need to remove the wheels. Just hope no little scrotes realise how easy they are to remove and nick em all!
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2021, 07:28 »
Another method is if the cap is smooth enough is to use one of those little sucker cups if you have one laying around.
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2021, 10:42 »
I used a blunt kitchen knife, levering against the centre cap outwards, and they came out with virtually no force at all. No pressure or marking to the alloyse, no mvisible marking to the centre cap either.

Makes me surprised they don't all get pinched!

Anyway, definitely no need to take the wheel off to get them out.

I can confirm that Martin is correct, just removed and replaced all mine with new dynamic caps in a matter of minutes. Very easy and definitely no need to remove the wheels. Just hope no little scrotes realise how easy they are to remove and nick em all!

Hi Rob, I'm hoping that they've never heard of dynamic hub caps, or that they assume it's a coincidence that both hub centres on one side are the right way up and don't get any ideas!

Golf GTi Mark 7 owner