Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 230755 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's Posh Golf
« Reply #420 on: 04 January 2011, 15:20 »
No I meant by having covers for them :grin:

Ah really?! I think they would look good though dude, but I like both styles so can't really choose between the two lol

Ah right.  Thought they might be useful for lugging them around and giving the wheels a bit of protection during storage

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realise I'm a bit of an OEM freak so fitting reps kind of goes against my ethos  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #421 on: 04 January 2011, 15:29 »
interesting how each bag is for a specific corner, why is that?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #422 on: 04 January 2011, 15:32 »

No idea in all honesty.  My first thought was about the wheels being balanced for front and back but then I realised that it shouldn't make a difference to what corner they go back on the car as they should all be balanced perfectly

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #423 on: 04 January 2011, 15:39 »

The idea is when you remove you wheels to fit the winters or other wheels in their place you can refit them to the corner they were removed from so you have no problems with balancing etc.  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #424 on: 04 January 2011, 16:19 »

The idea is when you remove you wheels to fit the winters or other wheels in their place you can refit them to the corner they were removed from so you have no problems with balancing etc.  :smiley:

Ah ok but then I thought the same as Ryso??? it sholdn't matter should it?  A balanced wheel is a balanced wheel regardles?

Maybe helps if you have directional tyres fitted or if the tyres are slightly worn you know which corner they came from to put them back in the right place?.... hmmmm......

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #425 on: 04 January 2011, 16:36 »

Ah ok but then I thought the same as Ryso??? it sholdn't matter should it?  A balanced wheel is a balanced wheel regardles?

Maybe helps if you have directional tyres fitted or if the tyres are slightly worn you know which corner they came from to put them back in the right place?.... hmmmm......

I guess the idea is that you keep the wheels in the same place, but your right unless they have been balanced on the car it should not matter.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #426 on: 04 January 2011, 16:43 »
Ah well, either way, as long as you're happy with your new man bags.  :wink:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #427 on: 04 January 2011, 20:10 »
No I meant by having covers for them :grin:

Ah really?! I think they would look good though dude, but I like both styles so can't really choose between the two lol

Ah right.  Thought they might be useful for lugging them around and giving the wheels a bit of protection during storage

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realise I'm a bit of an OEM freak so fitting reps kind of goes
against my ethos  :undecided:

Me too mate on the OEM thing..... Trouble is it all cost two or three times as much!!!
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #428 on: 06 January 2011, 19:04 »
New fang-dangled phone + Audi Bluetooth = FAIL

Won't even find the Audi kit let alone connect to it  :sad:

Need to do a bit more investigation but its looking like its a lack of RSAP support in Android based phones; unless someone knows different  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #429 on: 07 January 2011, 00:07 »
New fang-dangled phone + Audi Bluetooth = FAIL

Won't even find the Audi kit let alone connect to it  :sad:

Need to do a bit more investigation but its looking like its a lack of RSAP support in Android based phones; unless someone knows different  :undecided:

I read somewhere that this can happen when you change phones.  My Mazda can store up to 7 devices at a time but still has a wobbly now and again... I had the same when I got a new phone after the car was used to the old one for 6 months.   Remove previous pairing attempts from your phone then reset the car, TEL + SETUP -> Factory Default or something like that, then try again?... can't be much help as I don't have much experience with android, or Audi for that matter.