Author Topic: Took the plunge  (Read 3296 times)

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
Took the plunge
« on: 13 October 2013, 00:11 »
Well guys made the plunge and ordered my Gti in Pure White
Went for a 5 door manual, with leather, keyless entry, performance pack and Sat nav.
Also got a cancelation for BW50 from Vw Hawco Peterhead

So my question is how l long after the build date should I expect delivery??

Looking forward to move from BMW to Vw

Doug
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline R20TNR

• Not said much yet
Re: Took the plunge
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2013, 00:57 »
Congrats on your purchase Doug. Sounds really nice spec too  :smiley:

Don't want to say for definite because I'm waiting at the minute myself, I'd guess it would be around a month though from build to delivery. I'm sure someone else on here can confirm this or give you a better estimate.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2013, 03:06 »
All i can say is it a long wait but well worth it in end stick in there your have smile that dosnt want to go when you drive it. :)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2013, 08:15 »
3 - 4 weeks is usually the norm from confirmed BW.  There may be a delay as yours runs over the festive period?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2013, 09:34 »
So my question is how l long after the build date should I expect delivery??

It really does depend on the circumstances at the time.

My GTD was built in build week 38 (which i think was W/C 15/09/2013)
I am currently tracking the ships coming into the UK as I think mine was on a boat from Emden to Grimsby that docked last night
Still not showing on the tracker as 'Arrived in the UK' though
If it did arrive it could be another week or so before it arrives at the dealers as it could sit in the port.
Then they have the pdi's to do, so could be 2 weeks from today.

All in that will be either 6 or 7 weeks from confirmed build week.

In summary, it will all depend on how quickly your car will get on a boat at Emdem & off the boat & onto a transporter in the UK.

I'm not writing this p*ss you off but to be realistic on how slow the process can be.

I'm sticking in there as everyone on this forum is saying how good the car is, so it's worth the wait  :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2013, 09:39 »
Your location seems to be a big factor in delivery times too. Tyne bound cars (for North East and Scotland supply) seem to make the trip across the water much quicker than Sheerness and Grimsby bound cars. Tyne bound cars are rarely at Dockside in Emden longer than 10 days and seem to move to the dealerships from Tyne dock in 4-7 days.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2013, 12:38 »
Your location seems to be a big factor in delivery times too. Tyne bound cars (for North East and Scotland supply) seem to make the trip across the water much quicker than Sheerness and Grimsby bound cars. Tyne bound cars are rarely at Dockside in Emden longer than 10 days and seem to move to the dealerships from Tyne dock in 4-7 days.

I really hope this is the case mate.
MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2013, 13:02 »

I really hope this is the case mate.

I'm pretty sure it will be for you, probably due to the demand to take Nissans from Sunderland over to the continent matching or exceeding need to bring VWs to the UK, hence a lot of traffic comparative to the size of the VW market being supplied. Mine and mcmaddy's GTDs were at dockside for 4 days before being collected by the dealership and had been stuck at Emden for approximately a week. My dads was at Emden 5 days and the dealer collected from Tyne dock.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.