Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142524 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Jim_mk7.5 taught me the benefits of a good coating on my previous gti so I took my Clubsport to a local detailer this time. Here are the results (the belvedere alloys are off for the winter by the way).

GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Looking great. How much does such a treatment cost, and in what part of the country are you??
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Cheers wantmygti! I'm in Manchester and it did cost a fair whack but to be honest I'm happy I got it done.

I had paint correction done due to the swirl marks (showing even on a white car) and then a Nanolex ceramic coating applied. It was about £350 for correction and £500 for coating but 15% discount to do both. I then spent the discount (and more) on internal sealant, all glass coated, two set of wheels treated etc.

My wife says I have more money than sense but I'm definitely keeping this one (she's heard that before though).
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Would like to put my CS through a similar process but I’m pretty good on the swirl front so just needs a light touch up and sealing. Kept my last GTi 10 years so planning to keep this one a while too.

Shame I’m not nearer to Manchester!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
Looking great and well protected #301.

Racingline paddles or ? And Footrest?, two cosmetic things I quite fancied doing to mine, could you share the place to buy please.

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Looking great and well protected #301.

Racingline paddles or ? And Footrest?, two cosmetic things I quite fancied doing to mine, could you share the place to buy please.

Cheers!

I bought both from aliexpress (you might need to download the app first for the link to work...)

Racingline(ish) paddles (currently £37)

For VW GOLF GTI R GTD GTE MK7 7 POLO GTI Scirocco 2014-2018 Metal Car Steering Wheel Paddle Extend Shifter Replacement
 https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cUdxH5r3

The footrest link I had doesn't work anymore but I'm sure someone (Jim_mk7.5?) got one from another source.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2018, 23:43 by andy28 »
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
I have found the alternative footrest provider on an earlier thread...

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION

They only make a manual one but it fits the DSG too.

Both the paddles and footrest are easy to fit. I did break a clip on the footrest but it has screwed into place securely and I just needed some slim nose pliers to fit the paddles.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
Cheers wantmygti! I'm in Manchester and it did cost a fair whack but to be honest I'm happy I got it done.

I had paint correction done due to the swirl marks (showing even on a white car) and then a Nanolex ceramic coating applied. It was about £350 for correction and £500 for coating but 15% discount to do both. I then spent the discount (and more) on internal sealant, all glass coated, two set of wheels treated etc.

My wife says I have more money than sense but I'm definitely keeping this one (she's heard that before though).

Which detailer in Manchester did you use Andy?

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Hi Watchdog, it was Jordan's Detailing World in Stalybridge.

He's got a Facebook page with all of his work, I was impressed with the result on my solid paint but some of the cars with metallic paint look incredible!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Jim_mk7.5 taught me the benefits of a good coating on my previous gti so I took my Clubsport to a local detailer this time. Here are the results (the belvedere alloys are off for the winter by the way).

Looking good Andy! They even striped your seats :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey