Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142555 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Looks amazing Robo!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
Cheers andy. Quick question does any1 know if a cat back for a gti fits the clubsport? Or do i need a specific  clubsport cat back?
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Remus do a clubsport specific exhaust and diffuser for the clubsport
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
Cheers mkviken, Im looking for a milltek really. I just wasnt too sure if the clubsport was any differnet to the gti like the css is diff with the system being bigger. Also do the manual cs pop and crackle on downshift or is it only the dsg which does this?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
I think the milltek would fit too

The standard exhaust sounds great and you get pops and crackles on over run and when changing up and down with manual gearbox

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
 :grin: sounds like im not trying hard enough yet then. Havent managed to get a thing out of mine yet.  :evil:

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Mine definitely pops and bangs when you give it some stick...

Must try harder Robo.  :grin:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline mkviken

• I live here
I think the CSS is more extreme but the clubsport I test drive also did it

If you give it the berries on the upshoft it Cracks and on the over run it pops and crackles.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Cheers mkviken, Im looking for a milltek really. I just wasnt too sure if the clubsport was any differnet to the gti like the css is diff with the system being bigger. Also do the manual cs pop and crackle on downshift or is it only the dsg which does this?

The CS exhaust is different to the GTI exhaust Robo (bigger dia), that doesn't mean an aftermarket GTI exhaust won't fit (but I don't know that it will fit).

The noise you may be thinking of is affectionately known as DSG Fart/Burp, and is obviously DSG related, but the manual should make it's own pleasing noises  :evil:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.