Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142501 times)

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
18” Belvedere alloys look amazing. Really fancy a set.

Offline Ferdi

• Just got here
Hi Guys, I need a bit of help with the whole Clubsport thing. I have found my Ideal car here in the UK but it was originally imported from Ireland. Is this a problem? How does the warranty thig work?

Also, it doesn't seem to have a numbered plaque on the door which I believe was a UK only thing. Is there a way of finding out what number the car is and getting one made?

Thank you all in advance.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Hi and welcome, you're right the numbered plaque was for UK cars only, so as it wasn't officially imported into the UK it won't have a UK build number, so no plaque sadly.

As for the warranty, you'd be wise to confirm what is extant with a phone call to the main dealer, save any potential misery down the line.

Good luck, I hope it all pans out as you definitely won't be disappointed with the car.  :cool:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
I looked at these a while back and they don’t have full uk warranty, just 2yr European warranty But compared the uk cars but they are very good value.

I asked if the speedo had been changed for mph and they couldnt tell me.

I guess if you keep the car a few years the plaque will make no difference.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline king monkey

• I live here
I also had a look at these clubsports. One garage had 25 of them lined up in various colours but identical spec. In the end, the import thing put me off. My local Vw said that resale value wouldn’t be great either.

Still a great car though.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mr_GTI

• Just got here
You definitely won’t be able to get a plaque. VW won’t even let me have a duplicate of my own one.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
You definitely won’t be able to get a plaque. VW won’t even let me have a duplicate of my own one.

Surely you should be able to get one made from one of the plaque making company's? Going by the quality of them it shouldn't cost more than a fiver for it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
I also had a look at these clubsports. One garage had 25 of them lined up in various colours but identical spec. In the end, the import thing put me off. My local Vw said that resale value wouldn’t be great either.

Bit of a bugger that the imports will likely pull the value of all cars down...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here

Bit of a bugger that the imports will likely pull the value of all cars down...

Not for the people wanting to buy one :whistle:

The fact that even dealers had a problem selling them showed that the price wasn't going to hold that well.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mkviken

• I live here
There were loads of cheap early mk7 from Greece or somewhere at mktorpoint and they didn’t seem to effect the value of uk official cars

That said they werent better specs than the official uk cars though as they didn’t have radar in the grille and a few other bits
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver