Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142497 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)
« Reply #240 on: 17 September 2017, 10:45 »
The callipers look the same on the CSS with the same part number from what I can see, just different badges on them so normal GTI wheels would fit as the discs are the same size as PP/R/CS discs.
TD 1.2's would be a good bet as they're painted and won't be affected by road salt quite the same as polished GTI wheels. Plus they're light, fairly inexpensive in 18" fitment and go well with the motorsport theme of the car. Another option would be CS Belvedere wheels if you can pick up a set second hand, I'd imagine even the concrete Bridgestones would be a little more grippy than the semi slick standard tyres in Autumn and Winter but I'm sure there are those that would disagree!!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #241 on: 17 September 2017, 11:46 »
Hi Exonian - TD 1.2s?  Sorry, I am no wheel expert. I am looking to get a set of winter wheels and save the standard ED40 wheels through the winter. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ideally, I want to spend under a grand and they need to be robust (snow chains may be required), look reasonably good - the usual stuff. Cheers!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #242 on: 17 September 2017, 11:58 »
Hi Exonian - TD 1.2s?  Sorry, I am no wheel expert. I am looking to get a set of winter wheels and save the standard ED40 wheels through the winter. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ideally, I want to spend under a grand and they need to be robust (snow chains may be required), look reasonably good - the usual stuff. Cheers!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels in 8x18 ET45 would be a good fit.
You can pick them up from Demon Tweeks or other online retailers and they're normally built to order which can be a pain if the lead times are long but at least that way you get to order the correct 57.1mm centre bore rather than having to run spigot rings and specify whether you want the scripting on the rims. You can also order them direct from Team Dynamics.

There's a set of BBS SR's in the for sale section with winter rubber already fitted.

Cossieian was selling a complete set of nearly new ones in 8x19 with Michelin tyres (Pilot Sport not winter tyres) for £1200 which is a good price.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #243 on: 17 September 2017, 17:11 »
Thanks Exonian - I will take a look. I also like the look of the Revo 19s.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #244 on: 17 September 2017, 23:16 »
Thanks Exonian - I will take a look. I also like the look of the Revo 19s.

You're looking at £1200 for the RV019 wheels alone there plus 19" tyres are massively more expensive than 18's in general.
Add to that the REVO wheels are 8.5" wide so you'll need 235 tyres making snow chains more or less impossible.

Still like 'em?  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #245 on: 18 September 2017, 09:50 »
Thanks for the feedback Exonian - good points!

Been doing some research and the VWR cup wheels seem a good fit and the 18 wheels are just over 900 quid. Any view on these?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #246 on: 18 September 2017, 13:03 »
I don't need winter tyres I won't be using the car over the winter but I wouldn't mind a spare set with some 'normal' tyres like PS4 Goodyear efficientgrip or something for the autumn/spring time

My old man had a GT4 on cup 2 tyres and it wasn't too bad in the colder conditions but not ideal tyre.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #247 on: 18 September 2017, 19:09 »
Does anyone know if regular gti front mud flaps will fit the CSS please?

Dealer said he doesn't know but I can try a set against the car but I don't have the car yet and want to order them ready for when I get it.

Cheers
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #248 on: 19 September 2017, 19:41 »
Thanks for the feedback Exonian - good points!

Been doing some research and the VWR cup wheels seem a good fit and the 18 wheels are just over 900 quid. Any view on these?

Aren't the VWR Cup wheels just TD Pro Race 1.2's with a VWR premium attached?  :smug:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Micky1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #249 on: 19 September 2017, 22:33 »
I've done 1000 miles in her now. Bloody love it!

How do I put some pictures up?