Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142555 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
The red trim centre caps are only on the 18" wheels. :sad:
I wonder why VW went to the trouble of ordering in special caps for what is probsnly a very limited run of wheels. How odd that they didn't fit them to the bigger and more expensive option wheels. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
The red trim centre caps are only on the 18" wheels. :sad:
I wonder why VW went to the trouble of ordering in special caps for what is probsnly a very limited run of wheels. How odd that they didn't fit them to the bigger and more expensive option wheels.
Bigger and more expensive but not necessarily better.
Your 18's are far nicer wheels than the Brecias in my humble opinion.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
The minor trim differences are really weird.  When a special edition is produced you'd think they basic spec would be identical.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
You could always retrofit the red centre caps (I think someone here did that?) but in VW style they're not cheap and in my humble opinion, they're naff.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
The minor trim differences are really weird.  When a special edition is produced you'd think they basic spec would be identical.
Indeed, you'd think they'd all have the red trim on the belts and the red cap trim.  :rolleyes:
It must be logistically more difficult for VW to build them with all sorts of trim variations than if they'd all come with the same trim specs (ignoring options of course).

You could always retrofit the red centre caps (I think someone here did that?) but in VW style they're not cheap and in my humble opinion, they're naff.
They suit the other red accents on the GTI but would probably look a bit out of place on other models in the range unless you'd been to badge skins and raided their catalogue for red detailing. Those that have GTD's and have added a few red details to their cars have made them look a bit less monochrome.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Picked up number 653 on the weekend. Standard seats so no red trim on seat belts but it does has red trim on the centre caps on the quaranta alloys.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
Cannot understand why the red stitching does not come with the standard seats on UK models. I have the standard sport seats on my Clubsport here in Ireland and it has the red stitching as does all the other Clubsports I have seen with sport seats.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gasco1

• Not said much yet
Thanks for the welcome Kalimon.
Lighter wheels faster on track. :cool:
Will get some better pics up soon. :smiley: