Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142536 times)

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Hi Exonian. My basic spec also has no red edges on the seat belts or the ambient lighting. Not sure why as it's still a GTI so thought it would have a least came with the red strip in the door. Still love the car though. :smiley:
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Exonian, the red stitching comes with the bucket seats. No ambient lighting on any UK CLubsports. Shame as I miss the red strip lights in the door.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
The red stitching also comes with the standard sport seats.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Has anyone tried taking the door card off to see if it was there? VW have been known to leave things in and just not connecting them. My CC's all had heated rear seats with all the wiring and all I had to do was buy the switches and plug in the wiring.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Hi Exonian. My basic spec also has no red edges on the seat belts or the ambient lighting. Not sure why as it's still a GTI so thought it would have a least came with the red strip in the door. Still love the car though. :smiley:
It's a strange omission and VW's reasoning of the bucket seats option makes siting the ambient lighting controller impossible sounds a bit suspect.

As for the red edged belts, it seems to be a lottery  :huh:

Exonian, the red stitching comes with the bucket seats. No ambient lighting on any UK CLubsports. Shame as I miss the red strip lights in the door.
The coloured door strips are the coolest feature of the GTI & R
I don't miss them as much as I thought I would as the LED light above the mirror acts as a spotlight on the seat pattern when the door opens and the rest of the interior is in darkness but I did really like having the coloured strips.

The red stitching also comes with the standard sport seats.
Not on all UK cars it seems  :sad:

Has anyone tried taking the door card off to see if it was there? VW have been known to leave things in and just not connecting them. My CC's all had heated rear seats with all the wiring and all I had to do was buy the switches and plug in the wiring.
According to a German forum it seems the honeycomb 40 door panels don't have the LED insert.
What adds weight to that is there are no holes for the white LEDs in the door opener aperture.

It's less things to go wrong I guess!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
I don't think any of these very minor missing details take away from the most complete GTI available :cool:
None of it would irritate me when I was driving the thing :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
I don't think any of these very minor missing details take away from the most complete GTI available :cool:
None of it would irritate me when I was driving the thing :smiley:

It's actually quite useful not having the reflections of the ambient lighting when "making progress" in the dark.
But it loses a little something when you open the door if you don't have bucket seats to admire instead!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
I was filling up at a Honda garage this week and a guy was looking at an r type or whatever they are are when he saw me pull in he came over to ask about the ClubSport, ended up with him leaving the Honda dealership with details of where i bought the Gti and comments of the R type looks to of been designed by Michael Bay or a 10 year old ... I had some looks from the honda staff as i paid my fuel bill and left, don t think im welcome there again!  :drool:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Talking of missing red stripes on seatbelts and lack of ambient - I saw for the second time out on the roads a ClubSport ED40 that didn't have red trim around the wheel centre cap (VW logo). The first car I saw like that was a red one with Brescias and this one was a white one with Pretorias parked up. So the red cap stripes seem to be as hit and miss as the red seat belts stripes.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
The red trim centre caps are only on the 18" wheels. :sad: