Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142514 times)

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Yes that's exactly the problem I'm facing. So many hot hatches to choose from.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
the R has 90kg of lift at 80mph whereas the CS has 60kg of downforce at the same speed. And the dif is sublime!

Where did you get your figures from mate? Wouldn't mind having a read up on that.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
the R has 90kg of lift at 80mph whereas the CS has 60kg of downforce at the same speed. And the dif is sublime!

Where did you get your figures from mate? Wouldn't mind having a read up on that.

The figures were quoted on a Youtube video I watched, either by Evo or (believe it or not) CarWow. I'm sure it was one of those two, but I've watched soooo many in the last two months I could be wrong, I'll try and find it when home a paste the link in here. It was stated the CS has no significant downforce gains below 75mph, which I will use in my defence if caught speeding :lipsrsealed:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
Would be good if you can find the link.
"Sorry officer if I dont go flat out round there I'll end up in the hedge....."
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline drisser

• I live here
Number 103 for those that didn't see it already in the rare but lovely tornado red  :cool:

Cant wait to get mine on the road in the summer, for now its safely in storage - but killing me !

Not sure if the pics will work but if not here are the links..

http://imgur.com/vyRN99c
http://imgur.com/SiNz9fb
http://imgur.com/QEipza7

Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Number 103 for those that didn't see it already in the rare but lovely tornado red  :cool:

Cant wait to get mine on the road in the summer, for now its safely in storage - but killing me !

Not sure if the pics will work but if not here are the links..

http://imgur.com/vyRN99c
http://imgur.com/SiNz9fb
http://imgur.com/QEipza7

Why you not driving it?

Offline drisser

• I live here
will spare all the details Craig but I normally run my Fiat Coupe for 3-4 months over the summer and I didn't want to take out another insurance cover (have 2 car multicar) plus I am due a promotion at work in around July and promised myself it would be bad karma to put the golf on the road before it is confirmed !!

So it will be my treat to myself once that is hopefully agreed in June / July.  I really want to drive it but its very safely stored and will mean it is always very low mileage for its age too so I will likely put it on road in July / August and then take fiat off road or maybe move it to a classic policy if its not too ££
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline CraigW

• I live here
will spare all the details Craig but I normally run my Fiat Coupe for 3-4 months over the summer and I didn't want to take out another insurance cover (have 2 car multicar) plus I am due a promotion at work in around July and promised myself it would be bad karma to put the golf on the road before it is confirmed !!

So it will be my treat to myself once that is hopefully agreed in June / July.  I really want to drive it but its very safely stored and will mean it is always very low mileage for its age too so I will likely put it on road in July / August and then take fiat off road or maybe move it to a classic policy if its not too ££

The wait would kill me  :grin:. When they first announced the clubsport I must say I was very sceptical of it and didn't see the point being so closely priced to the R. However having now seen one in the flesh in the showroom I must admit I am very impressed. It's certainly far more attractive looking and aggressive than the R imo. This one also had the buckets seats which just look fantastic and also the alcantara steering wheel is awesome. I can now see the appeal of it

Offline drisser

• I live here
I don't think you are alone there with the price v R comparison thoughts

On paper of course it doesn't make sense but I think most people who have driven or owned an R then done likewise with a CS will understand the differences.. that its not all about 0-60 etc

I drove mine for 10 mins before it got put away and that was enough to know it just feels more than the sum of its parts in both looks, feel, interior and exclusivity and on a different level to any other golf (in my view)

I think the bucket seats and alcantara wheel and interior trim make a huge difference and I am glad that they preserved the exclusivity by not offering this on any other golf at any price..

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Another question for the Clubsport 40 owners, manual or DSG? With the R, people have told me to go for DSG as it suits the car better and works with ACC well, whereas on the GTI it seems like people generally recommend the Manual. What's the case with Clubsport 40?