Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287920 times)

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2590 on: 29 July 2011, 18:52 »
It's only fair that the Tory leader of the BBC Chris Pattern gives his good friend Rupert the F1 rights, I mean really, it must have been humiliating to sit in front of his paid for friends last week to answer awkward questions.

Maybe that was what Rupert and David was talking about!!

Yet when the ITV gave it to the BBC for nothing last year, didn't they say it was because they knew they would look after it?

I don't buy the idea of the BBC making savings.  Get rid of cooking shows, house buying shows, buying antiques shows, or any number of mundane useless sh!te.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2591 on: 29 July 2011, 19:02 »
Whitmarsh is now saying that Bernie has assured him the BBC will be showing all the races in full but half will be delayed and not live. That could be OK.

Nick

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #2592 on: 29 July 2011, 19:16 »
Whitmarsh is now saying that Bernie has assured him the BBC will be showing all the races in full but half will be delayed and not live. That could be OK.

Nick
not really as on the delayed ones your bound to hear who won the race etc before you watch it.i hate that
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #2593 on: 29 July 2011, 19:17 »
probably turn out to be highlights?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2594 on: 29 July 2011, 19:18 »

Nick
not really as on the delayed ones your bound to hear who won the race etc before you watch it.i hate that

It's better than highlights though. I often miss the races live at the moment and watch them later on iPlayer anyway.

Nick

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
« Reply #2595 on: 29 July 2011, 19:19 »
sky could re-employ andy gray, and he can moan about how its a mans sport and then poke fun at women marshalls.  :grin: :grin:

on a woman related note

Bernie was saying that what with f1 being more prominent in the USA now, he would love her to be driving in f1 one day...

for those not clued up, she races mainly in indycar

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #2596 on: 29 July 2011, 19:22 »
Can't you watch it live on the F1 FOM website????

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
« Reply #2597 on: 29 July 2011, 19:25 »
i dont think you can watch it on the fom website.

however, as some of you have stated that you mainly watch the races on iplayer anyway, if you dont want to pay for sky sports then google "f1 live stream" or something along those lines.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2598 on: 29 July 2011, 19:38 »
Thing is, I don't want to watch it on my computer. I don't spend a lot of money on the computer (it's 5 years old now) and as such it's a big desktop upstairs. I like to watch F1 on my 32" Sony TV in the comfort of my lounge. I do not see WHY I should have to pay that b'stard Murdoch anything to watch the sport I love. The only 2 other things I could want from Sky Sports are Rugby and Boxing - I hate Golf, can't stand Cricket and Football for me is something other people watch.

Oh yeah, and Sky's customer service is abysmal.

If there was no TV licence fee then I would be happier paying a subscription to a provider. However, why should I pay twice???  :angry:
« Last Edit: 29 July 2011, 19:43 by MrBounce »

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #2599 on: 29 July 2011, 19:42 »
oh well, will give up watching it altogether now. why bother with the bbc coverage when it's only half a season. bye bye f1 it was nice knowing you