Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653170 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2240 on: 30 December 2014, 19:58 »

But then I stick on the heated seats, forget all about it and revel in the spreading warmth, until it starts burning my arse.  Probably my imagination but the seats seem to be heating up a lot quicker than last year  :huh:  :cool:

As we get older, certain parts of us become less dense, thus conducting extreme temperatures far better than a more solid mass.

I love the way you shroud your insults in factual snippets   :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2241 on: 30 December 2014, 20:04 »

I'm not lucky enough to have heated seats, had them in the Company van, and as you say after a while they start to burn if you forget to turn them off, its a great trick to play on passengers though.

Yeah, I've done that a few times, particularly to one bloke from work who constantly blagged lifts from me.  The first time I sneakily put it on was the best, the look on his face was priceless, he thought he'd p!ssed himself.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2242 on: 31 December 2014, 11:45 »
A good interior clean and vacuuming.  Managed to get the inside looking presentable but the outside still looks like this  :sad:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2243 on: 31 December 2014, 15:42 »
Had it in for service. just a oil change. Trusted them to clean it too  :grin:. couldn't turn it down when there is salt head to toe of the car. gets the thick of it off! they even put tyre slick on. which will last a whole 10 minutes in this weather  :laugh:

MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2244 on: 31 December 2014, 16:41 »
A good interior clean and vacuuming.  Managed to get the inside looking presentable but the outside still looks like this  :sad:

Come on Booth11, you are letting the side down, The hosepipe thawed out enough so i got the outside done ....

Will wipe over and hoover the inside tomorrow hangover dependant ...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2245 on: 31 December 2014, 16:50 »
I really admire the determination owners of black daily driver cars have. I just could not deal with the hassle. Black shows everything.. ive just spent today cleaning my old 1953 riley and that has a vinyl roof so only half of what you lot do. I hate black for cleaning.. I also detailed my black halfords tool box  at home as it was getting cold over the workshop garage :embarrassed:  :grin: I find clearing therapeutic.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2014, 16:58 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2246 on: 31 December 2014, 17:14 »
I really admire the determination owners of black daily driver cars have. I just could not deal with the hassle. Black shows everything.. ive just spent today cleaning my old 1953 riley and that has a vinyl roof so only half of what you lot do. I hate black for cleaning.. I also detailed my black halfords tool box  at home as it was getting cold over the workshop garage :embarrassed:  :grin: I find clearing therapeutic.

I have had mine since march this year, (black) and throughout summer its great cleaning and keeping on top. it stays nice for a while. But literally one day on the motorway in this weather after a wash and its horrible! think it will be my last black car  :embarrassed:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2247 on: 31 December 2014, 17:20 »

Come on Booth11, you are letting the side down, The hosepipe thawed out enough so i got the outside done ....

I'm sorry whitehawk I know I am, but give it a couple days and it'll be shiny again, then dirty, then shiny, then dirty.....

And no need to gloat with pics of your lovely clean car.  Reminds me, have you still got that ugly bonnet guard on  :grin: :kiss:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2248 on: 31 December 2014, 17:21 »

It's either determination or stupidity not sure which.  But like you I find cleaning it therapeutic.  Still I could always resort to cheating like chris1h and get someone else to do it.......

Not!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2249 on: 31 December 2014, 17:25 »
I think the valeters at that dealership chris1h used have changed since mine was last there but I did watch them washing forecourt cars with a hosepipe and sponge... lets just say the do not wash labels and request was made clear..
« Last Edit: 31 December 2014, 17:27 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.