Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654201 times)

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2050 on: 27 October 2014, 21:27 »

image by jdmcmanus82, on Flickr

Thanks ttdan. There:

18" Ispiri ISR1 in matt graphite grey.  http://www.ispiriwheels.com
« Last Edit: 27 October 2014, 21:32 by JDM82 »
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2051 on: 01 November 2014, 23:03 »
Boot struts replaced under warranty so I now have a boot that opens and lifts itself again.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2052 on: 02 November 2014, 08:06 »
Boot struts replaced under warranty so I now have a boot that opens and lifts itself again.

Howd you do that mate?
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2053 on: 02 November 2014, 09:51 »

Howd you do that mate?

It was done by the stealers. As the fluid had leaked out.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2054 on: 03 November 2014, 10:36 »
Not today, but yday me and my uncle gave my car and his e90 m3 a full winter protection detail! Snow foamed, shampood, clayed, machine polished 80% correction and then gtechniq c1. Gleaming!

Also found out I need 2 new front tyres after 10 months of owning the car.....................
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2055 on: 03 November 2014, 10:38 »

Howd you do that mate?

It was done by the stealers. As the fluid had leaked out.

Ah right. Do you know what struts they used to get it to open by itself? I've tried several different kinds and different poppers and ball pins but none really worked properly, or the bootlid didn't close flush with the back of the car

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2056 on: 03 November 2014, 12:26 »
was yesterday, just forgot to post  :grin:

Devil is in the details

What did you use to get them so shiny? :)

Mine are looking pretty bad now, really must clean them but not sure with what & how to approach it!
 :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2057 on: 03 November 2014, 13:01 »

What did you use to get them so shiny? :)

Mine are looking pretty bad now, really must clean them but not sure with what & how to approach it!
 :smiley:

They are Skoda Yeti exhaust trims that slide over the tailpipes. A bargain at around £25 for the pair.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2058 on: 03 November 2014, 16:17 »
I looked at mine from the living room window...   :whistle:

Waiting for some hopefully drier weather tomorrow so the winter protection detail can begin!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2059 on: 03 November 2014, 17:58 »
I looked at mine from the living room window...   :whistle:

Waiting for some hopefully drier weather tomorrow so the winter protection detail can begin!

Did exactly the same yesterday. 3 weeks now without a wash  :whistle:  Was hoping to get another layer of wax on it.  Still, the nonstop rain has at least washed away all the crusted on mud, so not all bad  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11