Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654564 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1660 on: 27 June 2014, 17:45 »
Nothing wrong with a passat booth 11 well maybe a bit boring just fed up with cramming everything in every time we go away but rest assured top box will be put on and most of it can go in there :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1661 on: 27 June 2014, 17:53 »

Not that there's anything wrong with a Passat, is there Dubber?

My Passat is a great do everything sort of car. Sometimes it could do with been a bit bigger (hence the plans to add a T5 to the fleet), but for those times when I just want to get somewhere with as little effort as possible, it's perfect.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #1662 on: 27 June 2014, 19:03 »
Left my car in work car park while we have escaped to Paris for 4 days.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1663 on: 27 June 2014, 19:11 »
Left my car in work car park while we have escaped to Paris for 4 days.
enjoy :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1664 on: 28 June 2014, 22:12 »
All set up for wild camping in Scotland   :cool:
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1665 on: 30 June 2014, 10:26 »
Dropped off for 2nd service.  Hoping to get it back in the condition it went in  :undecided:

Walked the service lady around it and had a good chat.  She's into her performance cars so inspired a bit more confidence than usual.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1666 on: 30 June 2014, 13:57 »
Back from service, all ok, no surprises or damage  :smiley:

But, not happy...

Spoke to them about the silver insert that fell off the aircon vent switch.  They have flatly refused to replace under warranty, despite me arguing that the part has failed and pointing out that the car is treated with kid gloves, something he agreed is obvious.  They claim it's wear and tear and the robbing b@stards want £138 (the whole double unit would need to be replaced, which I was aware of).   Reminded them I have bought 2 GTIs from them and was looking to buy an R next year, but they not prepared to cover it  :angry:

Poised to write an email to the Brand Manager for what it's worth, which is probably nothing.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1667 on: 30 June 2014, 14:20 »
It's a pity the Mk6 is no longer a current model. You might have had one as a courtesy car that you could have borrowed said part from.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1668 on: 30 June 2014, 14:23 »
It's a pity the Mk6 is no longer a current model. You might have had one as a courtesy car that you could have borrowed said part from.

Yes, that did cross my mind.  Might have to blag a lift in one and.........:wink: 

Now who do I know with a mk6 golf  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #1669 on: 30 June 2014, 17:23 »

Now who do I know with a mk6 golf  :laugh:
[/quote]

Love it!

I'm not sure it's down to wear and tare though, it's hardly something you use everyday ? Well I don't move them all the time, once they are set, that's kind of it until they get moved through cleaning or something. Raise it in a mail of displeasure. I've sent some correspondence ref my damaged wheel to both dealer and VW. Radio silence so far...
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1