Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382915 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2240 on: 01 June 2014, 07:10 »
I've been cleaning it today ready for Weston Park tomorrow Andy, and to be perfectly honest, I'm board with it. I never drive it, I spend most of the time saving for the next step towards perfection and when it finally gets there, I'll be even less inclined to drive it.

It makes no financial sense what so ever and my head tells me I ought to sell it, but my heart says no. Why should I let anyone else have it? It's not as if I would get an amount of money for it that would make a difference. Also I know that one day I'd want another and where would I find one?
That's the thing with mint older cars, they end up becoming ornaments! Too good to use, too nice to sell...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2241 on: 01 June 2014, 07:46 »
Thanks Andy..... I'm really happy with new one. I'll be making this one a keeper.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2242 on: 01 June 2014, 09:49 »
I've been cleaning it today ready for Weston Park tomorrow Andy, and to be perfectly honest, I'm board with it. I never drive it, I spend most of the time saving for the next step towards perfection and when it finally gets there, I'll be even less inclined to drive it.

It makes no financial sense what so ever and my head tells me I ought to sell it, but my heart says no. Why should I let anyone else have it? It's not as if I would get an amount of money for it that would make a difference. Also I know that one day I'd want another and where would I find one?
I know this feeling well. :embarrassed:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2243 on: 01 June 2014, 10:18 »
Thanks Andy..... I'm really happy with new one. I'll be making this one a keeper.

That's it Martin, keep saying it long enough and you'll believe it!  :grin:

Awesome machine though. The performance must be addictive.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Jimmymature

« Reply #2244 on: 01 June 2014, 15:38 »
M135i collection day!!  :smiley:

First impressions.... I love it and boy does it feel quick. I'm really happy with the colour combo. The silver paint is slightly darker then I expected in the flesh but in a good way. I'll miss the Estoril Blue though at times but it didn't make sense to order the M135i in the same colour.

The noise of the M135i is great (mostly fake though) but I think I will have the m performance exhaust added sooner rather than latter for more of an organic noise that you can feel through the car.

That's all for now.

I'll grab some more pictures soon and let you know more thoughts on it when I get to grips with it.

Looks great, colour looks very good too.

Jim

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2245 on: 01 June 2014, 17:22 »
A huge amount of pic whoring and in totally the wrong section, but as we were talking about my Mk2, this is what it looked like today...

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2246 on: 01 June 2014, 17:24 »
Looking absolutely gorgeous  :laugh:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2247 on: 01 June 2014, 17:39 »
First time I've seen a proper pic of your mk2 and she's a beauty  :cool:

You can't let her go!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #2248 on: 02 June 2014, 17:56 »
A huge amount of pic whoring and in totally the wrong section, but as we were talking about my Mk2, this is what it looked like today...

I rest my case Simon - you can't get rid of that.
However, I do completely take your point about seeking perfection and not using it. I have a list of 17 piddly little items waiting to be done to mine to make it "perfect" but, by time I get them done, I'll not want to use it exactly because it is perfect. And then something else will go wrong with it anyway!!
I do occasionally think about selling it and starting on a new project but it's taken so long to get it as good as it is now, it makes no sense to sell it.
But you never know - one day........

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2249 on: 02 June 2014, 18:07 »
As long as I have room to keep it, I will never sell it. If for whatever reason I don't have room to keep it, I'll find somewhere. I still want a T5 tho', having looked round a few really nice ones yesterday, I'm sure that my next pointless, hardly used vehicle will be one.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.