Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627278 times)

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1170 on: 02 January 2014, 19:34 »
Installed the Focal mk6 speaker upgrade kit. Pretty impressed, a good improvement and pretty simple install.

http://youtu.be/dSAGHSc97_c

Dan, where did you get your kit from? Is it worth £260 over the stock system?

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1171 on: 02 January 2014, 20:14 »
Installed the Focal mk6 speaker upgrade kit. Pretty impressed, a good improvement and pretty simple install.

http://youtu.be/dSAGHSc97_c

Dan, where did you get your kit from? Is it worth £260 over the stock system?

Yes. Its a huge improvement in clarity and punch. I am not going to bother with a sub.

Head unit is RNS510 so i could see the logic in adding a good amp...another 200 squid..but that is being a bit picky. The weak link is the ipod which drives me nuts as it has to be plugged in again every time i get in the car  :angry:

Being an old git my music tastes are far and wide, Thin Lizzy, Metallica, kings X to John mayer, Elbow to MoS chill out compilations to Floyd to Alice in Chains to Adele....etc

£239 from Car Sounds and security, Epsom.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #1172 on: 03 January 2014, 14:48 »
How does that Focal kit compare to the Dynaudio?
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Tainton

• Not said much yet

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1174 on: 03 January 2014, 17:01 »
Bought some cheap carbon wrap to have a play with, started with my phone case and turned out really good.

Decided to do an air vent, went ok but damaged the wrap on one side putting back in place  :angry: still need more practice!

Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline POOBUG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1175 on: 03 January 2014, 17:15 »
Fitted Sub and Amp,

apologies for crappy photo!

cheers, Chris

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1176 on: 03 January 2014, 17:15 »
Bought some cheap carbon wrap to have a play with, started with my phone case and turned out really good.

Decided to do an air vent, went ok but damaged the wrap on one side putting back in place  :angry: still need more practice!

it never looks good on the air vent because after 2-3 weeks it starts coming away where the dial is. MK6 interior really doesnt need CF everywhere (IMO)
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1177 on: 03 January 2014, 18:05 »
How does that Focal kit compare to the Dynaudio?

Sorry, not heard it.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1178 on: 04 January 2014, 13:58 »
got a large chip on the windscreen from a low flying stone, cant repair it as its to large new screen getting fitted on monday :angry:

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1179 on: 05 January 2014, 01:57 »

it never looks good on the air vent because after 2-3 weeks it starts coming away where the dial is. MK6 interior really doesnt need CF everywhere (IMO)

I've seen some pics with the all the air vents and around the stereo and I can't work out if it looks good or over the top, so it's just a practice, need to get better at applying it 1st.

I'd like to do the shiny strips on the doors and above the glovebox but don't know how to remove them (only tired the glovebox strip)
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.