Author Topic: 3G T-Roc/Passat Pretoria Alloys an alternative?  (Read 5872 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: 3G Passat Pretoria Alloys an alternative?
« Reply #30 on: 11 May 2021, 07:58 »
they weigh more than a golf Pretoria too.
[/quote]

Cheers, I forgot about that one.

Although if the Golf Pretoria do indeed weigh in at at around 9.6kg each versus the T-Roc Pretoria's at 11.1kg, that's 1.5kg a corner. Although significant when you factor in unsprung weight, they still aren't the lightest wheel vs the factory Belvedere's or some of the aftermarket offerings.

I'm sure 99% of us aren't too concerned with the added weight, and those that are I'd imagine would go down the 18inch Belvedere, Team Dynamic or Revo alloy route.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: 3G T-Roc/Passat Pretoria Alloys an alternative?
« Reply #31 on: 11 May 2021, 08:45 »
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe the extra material makes them a bit tougher vs potholes?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 11 May 2021, 09:02 »
You could always hit him with it!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Think the small weight penalty is worth the trade off for longevity, as arent the R pretorias known for being a bit 'soft'??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 11 May 2021, 10:18 »
Some photos of them on, I'm running 225/35R19 Michelin PS4S', personally I wouldn't go with the as they would be too wide.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Looks great!

What do you mean by this:

I'm running 225/35R19 Michelin PS4S', personally I wouldn't go with the as they would be too wide.

To wide a tyre in general for these alloys?

I cant recall but that sounds like the same size as on the TCR but Bridgestone v Michelin (I could be wrong on that).
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #34 on: 11 May 2021, 10:35 »
I think he means the 225 tyre is a stretch fit on those Troc Prets.

The OEM tyre size for those is 235 like the Mk8 golf's.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 11 May 2021, 12:48 »

Looks great!

What do you mean by this:

I'm running 225/35R19 Michelin PS4S', personally I wouldn't go with the as they would be too wide.

To wide a tyre in general for these alloys?

I cant recall but that sounds like the same size as on the TCR but Bridgestone v Michelin (I could be wrong on that).

Sorry I must've been talking to someone and forgot to proof read.

I think the 235/35R19 tyres that come on the Golf pretorias would be too wide for the alloys, as with the 225/35R19's I have a lot of tyre protection for the alloys.

I think the 235/35R19's would make it look a bit cheap rather than sporty, but this could be down to my tyres as I think they are XL's so have a bit more lip protection anyway.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2021, 12:50 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 11 May 2021, 13:46 »
Got it.

Thanks.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 11 May 2021, 17:55 »
they weigh more than a golf Pretoria too.

Cheers, I forgot about that one.

Although if the Golf Pretoria do indeed weigh in at at around 9.6kg each versus the T-Roc Pretoria's at 11.1kg, that's 1.5kg a corner. Although significant when you factor in unsprung weight, they still aren't the lightest wheel vs the factory Belvedere's or some of the aftermarket offerings.

I'm sure 99% of us aren't too concerned with the added weight, and those that are I'd imagine would go down the 18inch Belvedere, Team Dynamic or Revo alloy route.
[/quote] I'm sure the added weight will help and they'll also look nicer on the car than the golf ones as the offset is different. I do like the Belvederes on my TCR though 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 05 June 2021, 10:39 »
Quick one for someone, does anyone know who manufactures the T-Roc Pretorias? Had them off earlier in the week when painting my hubs, and couldn't find the usual stamp from BBS, Borbet or Ronal.