Author Topic: Matt Black GTI  (Read 3319 times)

Offline timslim

• Just got here
Re: Matt Black GTI
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2013, 11:43 »
On the M6 Toll on Monday, I was followed by a deep Matt black Mercedes S Class - it was so black it just made you stare at it - it was like a black hole...seemed almost as if there was no car at all!

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2013, 13:41 »
To be fair those pictures are terrible, I bet it looks nicer in real life.

One of my clients does vehicle wrapping, they've got a couple of Ford Focus RS's in there which are wrapped in a really nice satin yellow colour (trust me it is nice) which carbon wrapped mirrors and other details.

Looks really smart but not practical in real life unless you own the wrapping company and then can affford to keep changing your car colour every 5 minutes but great for car shows.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2013, 15:16 »
My brother once had a Porsche 911 Turbo S wrapped in white (it was originally black) - cost him a few grand I think but you would never have known it was originally a black car, they did an amazing job.  He wanted to try out a white car without actually buying one.

As for the matte look, he also had at one stage a matte grey M5 - it looked the nuts, but it was an absolute pig to keep clean, and you're constantly having to clean it for eg. bird sh!te as it ruins the paintwork if you don't get it off straight away - personally, I haven't got the time to be that attentive to keeping the bodywork immaculate so I wouldn't bother.  Also, I don't really like the matte finish on a GTI, its not the kind of car that can carry off that look.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Geomets

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2013, 17:42 »
My brother once had a Porsche 911 Turbo S wrapped in white (it was originally black) - cost him a few grand I think but you would never have known it was originally a black car, they did an amazing job.  He wanted to try out a white car without actually buying one.

As for the matte look, he also had at one stage a matte grey M5 - it looked the nuts, but it was an absolute pig to keep clean, and you're constantly having to clean it for eg. bird sh!te as it ruins the paintwork if you don't get it off straight away - personally, I haven't got the time to be that attentive to keeping the bodywork immaculate so I wouldn't bother.  Also, I don't really like the matte finish on a GTI, its not the kind of car that can carry off that look.

Definitely. If it could, VW would have offered it (that kind of paint exist within the VAG group) at a "bargain" price :laugh: