Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 317952 times)

physio

Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1130 on: 26 June 2013, 20:57 »
its not recognising my tracker number  either   :angry:

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1131 on: 26 June 2013, 23:46 »
Or mine!  :angry:
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1133 on: 27 June 2013, 00:09 »
 :grin: :grin: I didn't know you had a camera in my house!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1134 on: 27 June 2013, 10:16 »
you can pay your service pack by monthly direct debit.

Really?  Are you doing this?

My dealer specifically said no when I asked, but I don't really trust them.  If I know someone else has been told they can pay be direct debit then I'll have another go at them.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1135 on: 27 June 2013, 10:54 »
Im not as my current car is on VW finance but its splashed all over the VW dealers showroom and website up here. Ask in the service department not from sales. every other manufacturer does it monthly.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1136 on: 27 June 2013, 10:57 »
I was a little worried that the tracker stopped recognising my order number yesterday, but after reading some of the comments on here that the system might be refreshing I relaxed a little and so was hoping to see a "Build Week Confirmed" status today. It is recognised again today but, of course, I am still getting my paperwork stamped on "Processing Your Order".  :cry: :cry:

Can any of you guys tell me how long it takes on average (if there is an average), for an order to change from "Processing Your Order" to "Build Week Confirmed" ? I put in my replacement order two weeks ago and was hoping to have a confirmed week number by now. I will be asking the Dealer, but you know I will get more sense here ! Also can someone confirm if the week numbers are the standard calendar week numbers and not something weird i.e. Week 1 is first week of January ?

Can anyone post a screenshot of what you see when it does move to "Build Week Confirmed" (with your order number blurred out is necessary) ? At the moment all I see is the Car, Colour and Upholstery details. Was worried that it might come with Titan Black but Dealer assures me it will be Jacaro Red (got it in writing just in case)

cheers
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1137 on: 27 June 2013, 11:02 »
I was a little worried that the tracker stopped recognising my order number yesterday, but after reading some of the comments on here that the system might be refreshing I relaxed a little and so was hoping to see a "Build Week Confirmed" status today. It is recognised again today but, of course, I am still getting my paperwork stamped on "Processing Your Order".  :cry: :cry:

Can any of you guys tell me how long it takes on average (if there is an average), for an order to change from "Processing Your Order" to "Build Week Confirmed" ? I put in my replacement order two weeks ago and was hoping to have a confirmed week number by now. I will be asking the Dealer, but you know I will get more sense here ! Also can someone confirm if the week numbers are the standard calendar week numbers and not something weird i.e. Week 1 is first week of January ?

Can anyone post a screenshot of what you see when it does move to "Build Week Confirmed" (with your order number blurred out is necessary) ? At the moment all I see is the Car, Colour and Upholstery details. Was worried that it might come with Titan Black but Dealer assures me it will be Jacaro Red (got it in writing just in case)

cheers

Cat:
There is no average.  It changes to BW confirmed approximately 4 weeks before your car is built.  Because of the long delays after placing an order this could be many weeks before it changes.  e.g. if you have to wait 20 weeks, that is 16 of sitting at processing.  Hopefully it won't be that bad for you though!

Week numbers are standard calendar weeks.

I could get a screen cap but I don't think it is needed.  All that happens is the next graphic starts to be animated.  No more info is divulged, certainly it doesn't give any dates, so unless you check it every day you won't even know when it started to go BW confirmed and therefore when to expect it to be built.  However, your dealer would know so you could ask them.

Ignore Titan black, its same for all GTI/GTDs.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1138 on: 27 June 2013, 11:12 »

cheers

I think your being a bit optomistic hoping for a confirmed BW after 2 weeks unless it's a cancelled order that your dealer has picked up?

Week numbers can be found here if needed:

http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/weeknumbers-by-year.php

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1139 on: 27 June 2013, 11:35 »
Just had an update from my dealer, no update and still the delayed build week.

But he did say that a lot of cars are coming through faster than expected (But didn't say that included GTI's - just "Cars").

I've managed to go a good week without looking at the "Processing your order" page.  I've begun to be able to put it to the back of my mind and forget that I am getting a new car.

In the mean time, this just popped up:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27979
« Last Edit: 27 June 2013, 11:37 by pauliem »