Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316752 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1110 on: 26 June 2013, 13:11 »
Personally I think we should have a forum jolly down to VW UK and kick some ass.i`ll arrange the bus ,Golf Gti Jolly Boys outing 2013   :grin:
http://youtu.be/2eaEBJ3Udkk
« Last Edit: 26 June 2013, 13:14 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1111 on: 26 June 2013, 13:16 »
Personally I think we should have a forum jolly down to VW UK and kick some ass.i`ll arrange the bus ,Golf Gti Jolly Boys outing 2013   :grin:
http://youtu.be/2eaEBJ3Udkk

Haha! Very appropriate that they had "Help!" playing!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1112 on: 26 June 2013, 13:24 »
Just had a phonecall from my dealer to tell me about my dad's car. It hasn't been put on a ship yet. Apparently VW can leave it sitting at dockside for up to 10 working days before they'd escalate it as an issue, although he's received some cars lately which have literally been on a ship within 36 hours of leaving Wolfsburg. Hopefully it'll be on the next one. He was able to tell me that my car hasn't moved from BW33 and mcmaddy's has come back to BW34 from being at BW34 then shifting to BW35. It does seem that some forward movement can happen, but not by much.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1113 on: 26 June 2013, 13:27 »
It does seem that some forward movement can happen, but not by much.

Yeah, now that VW seem to have got their act together, I'm sure some forward and backward movement can be expected as they optimise their manufacturing logistics.  Really hoping my confirmed build doesn't slip back from week 32, but no guarantees!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1114 on: 26 June 2013, 13:29 »
Just had a phonecall from my dealer to tell me about my dad's car. It hasn't been put on a ship yet. Apparently VW can leave it sitting at dockside for up to 10 working days before they'd escalate it as an issue, although he's received some cars lately which have literally been on a ship within 36 hours of leaving Wolfsburg. Hopefully it'll be on the next one. He was able to tell me that my car hasn't moved from BW33 and mcmaddy's has come back to BW34 from being at BW34 then shifting to BW35. It does seem that some forward movement can happen, but not by much.

So what kind of delivery date are you looking at now for your dad's car?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1115 on: 26 June 2013, 13:48 »
So what kind of delivery date are you looking at now for your dad's car?

Depends on the ship it's on. Emden to Port of Tyne is around 24 hours judging by "city of Amsterdam" movements. Next ship from Emden to port of Tyne is "City of Rome", arriving at Emden tomorrow and expected at port of Tyne at midday on Friday. Could be Mon-Weds next week if it gets on that ship.

So, the next ship after "City of Rome" that is for Emden to port of Tyne? Unsure, I can only see scheduled arrivals/departures to 02 Jul and there are no more I can see in the schedule, so it'll be a wait if it's not on the next ship.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1116 on: 26 June 2013, 16:34 »
Strange !!!

My GTD should be getting built this week.

However, the tracker, now does not recognise my order number.

I have been checking all day and showed my order as confirmed bw, and now all of a sudden, it no longer sees my order number.

Hmm
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1117 on: 26 June 2013, 16:35 »
Strange !!!

I have been checking all day and showed my order as confirmed bw, and now all of a sudden, it no longer sees my order number.

Hmm

Trackers not working for me either (BW38) - nothing to worry about as it seems to happen a lot - will recognise it again in a few hours
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1118 on: 26 June 2013, 16:39 »
Strange !!!

Hmm

Trackers not working for me either (BW38) - nothing to worry about as it seems to happen a lot - will recognise it again in a few hours

Cheers,

Was about to hang myself!!!! Again
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1119 on: 26 June 2013, 16:46 »
This seems to happen just before an update. Happenned to me last night and lo and behold this morning it had changed from build week confirmed to in transit. So fingers crossed, you might have an update tomorrow.