Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316771 times)

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #810 on: 05 June 2013, 11:44 »
Changed my colour to Carbon, dealer says it won't alter the build week and also said my BW is showing 27, do I believe that?
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #811 on: 05 June 2013, 11:52 »
Changed my colour to Carbon, dealer says it won't alter the build week and also said my BW is showing 27, do I believe that?

Two and a half months earlier than me and you're just down the road :cry:.  I ordered a fortnight earlier too.

But, a few of us seem to have BW in the 26-28 range so you could have been lucky here and got a good slot.  If so it should show up BW confirmed on the tracker within about a week from now I would expect.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #812 on: 05 June 2013, 11:56 »

I wouldn't believe it. According to my dealer when explaining the cock-up that led to my dad's car changing colour instead of mine, they couldn't change the order a week before "build week confirmed" shows up on the tracker, let alone just before.

What's your tracker status (assuming you have an order number to submit)?

If you're BW27 your tracker status should be updated this week (4 weeks before actual build it should go to "build week confirmed") and at this stage it's likely already scheduled by Wolfsburg. If it''s scheduled then you can't change colour, if it's not scheduled then you can change colour, but that would mean it's at least 4 weeks from being built. If my dealer is correct about locking an order out a week before we see the tracker change then that would imply your car won't be built as early as BW27 if you are still able to change the colour.

Try VW UK for an answer which may be more or less plausible than the one your dealer gave you. Give it a day or 2 after colour change and give them a ring. They should be able to confirm your colour change as gone through and your estimated (if not confirmed) build week.

When I changed my colour, the tracker took 3 weeks to update - not sure how much that was due to the dealer mix-up between mine and my dad's GTD and how much was down to the time it takes for the tracker to update any colour or other option changes.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #813 on: 05 June 2013, 11:59 »
Order has now dropped off the tracker, was there before I changed the colour, I may regret this.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #814 on: 05 June 2013, 12:07 »
The dealer said my car was on status 10 so was able to change the colour and the system accepted it, so that must mean the car is at least 4 weeks from build. I know if a car is at status 20 it can't be changed as that's what happened to my UP! I had on order, that was built 2 weeks later.

mjh_056

« Reply #815 on: 05 June 2013, 12:21 »
One thing I am quite happy about is not being part of this order madness as must be driving you all nuts and very poor on VW part given ££ being spent - My lease expires at a set time in October and on that day and not a moment before cars will be exchanged.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #816 on: 05 June 2013, 13:31 »
Been to see my dealer today and mine is showing as wk 37 at the moment, so looking for the end of August (was told July originally). Taking one out for a test drive tomorrow so at least I get to have a go in one before mine arrives (if it ever does!)
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #817 on: 05 June 2013, 13:33 »
Been to see my dealer today and mine is showing as wk 37 at the moment, so looking for the end of August (was told July originally). Taking one out for a test drive tomorrow so at least I get to have a go in one before mine arrives (if it ever does!)

BW37 takes you to week commencing 09 September, minimum of 2 weeks after that for delivery.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #818 on: 05 June 2013, 13:48 »

BW37 takes you to week commencing 09 September, minimum of 2 weeks after that for delivery.

Bugger (maths never my strong point) suppose it gives me a few extra weeks of saving!
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #819 on: 05 June 2013, 13:50 »

That'll be the 2nd week in October for delivery, at the earliest.  :sad:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....