Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316571 times)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #620 on: 27 May 2013, 21:31 »
Build week confirmed on tracker.
Week 25.

Anyone else??

No confirmation yet, but it looks like we placed our orders around the same time. Our orders are very similar however I've opted for DSG & 19" Santiago's which may have added another 2 weeks (purely speculating btw).. I've been given a provisional date of wk 27 which should (if the theory is correct) be confirmed next week.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #621 on: 27 May 2013, 22:06 »
Meant to ask, but why is a panoramic roof not allowed with the 19" wheels? The configuration tool won't allow them both as options.

It's discussed elsewhere on here, but I think the consensus was that it increases the kerb weight too much.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #622 on: 28 May 2013, 07:48 »
Meant to ask, but why is a panoramic roof not allowed with the 19" wheels? The configuration tool won't allow them both as options.

It's discussed elsewhere on here, but I think the consensus was that it increases the kerb weight too much.

I think it's as much, if not more to do with the stiffer ride on the 19" wheels that may play havok with the operation of the sunroof mechanism. A way around VW not giving you the option would be to buy sunroof with 18" wheels and get someone else you know to order their GTI (non-sunroof) with 19" wheels (chucking them the extra cost upfront) then swap wheels over upon delivery of both cars. That relies on knowing someone who's also ordering a GTI who won't want to keep them upon arrival and offers you your money back instead. Might be something a dealer is prepared to do on a GTI they might be ordering in for themselves (if they haven't already got one). Not sure how that would affect warranty for any issues with the sunroof that may occur.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #623 on: 28 May 2013, 09:28 »
Ok, so bored of waiting for the tracker to update so called VW this morning.  Chap said I'm now BW28 and not BW26 which I was told - by them - a couple of weeks ago.  Asked why I've gone backwards and he said BW28 is the earliest build week for any GTI of my spec.  Unsure of what that actually means, to be honest I don't believe him anyway as he didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #624 on: 28 May 2013, 10:02 »
Ok, so bored of waiting for the tracker to update so called VW this morning.  Chap said I'm now BW28 and not BW26 which I was told - by them - a couple of weeks ago.  Asked why I've gone backwards and he said BW28 is the earliest build week for any GTI of my spec.  Unsure of what that actually means, to be honest I don't believe him anyway as he didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.  :angry:

No performance pack models being made before this date perhaps? Shortage of Santiagos? (far less likely). The Dynaudio and satnav are available across the Golf range, doubt it's either of those.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #625 on: 28 May 2013, 10:38 »
Would have to be PP, but my data shows at least one person with a confirmed BW of 24, and the PP!

I think he is talking crap (the VW man, not matchboy).  With all the data I've gathered I'm really beginning to think it is just random. Problem is there are two factors and either or both could be random.  Its either the actual build planning, or their communication of that to us, or both...

BTW: re Sunroof + 19inch
Someone who asked about this said it had to do with putting the emissions over a threshold and into the next tax band.  If true that would fit with why it affects different countries differently.  To be honest I don't believe the theory about weight.  How much heavier can the 19inch wheels be vs the 18inch ones?  Enough to hit some kind of limit?  I don't think so.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #626 on: 28 May 2013, 10:41 »
Possibly the PP?  Who knows!  We need Bear's analysis of who's got what date compared to what options they have!

If I had to guess I'd say it was the Dynaudio to be honest.  I'm sure that held up my mk 6 order as its not a 'usual' option ie. not many people spec it.  Still, not fooking happy at all.

Ah, I see your reply Bear!  Could it be the Dynaudio then?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #627 on: 28 May 2013, 10:47 »
Possibly the PP?  Who knows!  We need Bear's analysis of who's got what date compared to what options they have!

If I had to guess I'd say it was the Dynaudio to be honest.  I'm sure that held up my mk 6 order as its not a 'usual' option ie. not many people spec it.  Still, not fooking happy at all.

Ah, I see your reply Bear!  Could it be the Dynaudio then?

Nope.  Again, a BW24 GTI has Dynaudio speced.  Your other options are fairly standard on Golfs in general.  I supposed it could be they don't have any 19inch wheels until wk26... no I can't even convince myself, they've already put them on demo cars.

EDIT:
Of course it could be that your guy wasn't wrong, and someone else is in for a nasty surprise this morning as well!  Perhaps even "confirmed build week" isn't reliable!

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #628 on: 28 May 2013, 11:01 »
I don't think its a shortage of parts, I was told week 24 and have Dynaudio and PP.

Look on Autoscout24.de and all the cars have the options we are looking for already.

It may be that my week 24 will go back also, but the tracker stated build week confirmed 2 weeks ago now.

I still think its possible, its to do with dealer allocation, or the fact that when the dealers came round to putting the orders through after the bank holiday weekend, there was a deludge of orders, and they didn't get put on in date order by VW UK?

Dave

94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #629 on: 28 May 2013, 11:08 »
Well I've checked with my dealer, and he also says its been moved to BW28.  He doesn't know why, but he says he'll find out.  I await his reply with baited breath.

As per the other replies, maybe its got nowt to do with the spec then and more to do with the dealer itself ie. their allocation.  In which case there is nothing any of us can do about that.  This sort of makes sense if you look at the demos appearing - it seems there are some up north but I've seen no mention of any demos down here in the South - which makes me think that maybe North of England dealers are getting their allocation before dealers in the South.

Which is also weird as its better down South!  :laugh:  :lipsrsealed:

Audi RS5 2018