Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318676 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #530 on: 21 May 2013, 17:54 »
I like how this thread has over 14.5k views, yet probably something like 50 contributors.  Either there are a lot of people reading this via google search results or something, or else the 50 of us are so desperate for news we've each been mashing the refresh key every few seconds for the past month. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #531 on: 21 May 2013, 17:59 »
I like how this thread has over 14.5k views, yet probably something like 50 contributors.  Either there are a lot of people reading this via google search results or something, or else the 50 of us are so desperate for news we've each been mashing the refresh key every few seconds for the past month. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahaha :grin: I'm probably guilty for around 10k of those views  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #532 on: 21 May 2013, 19:16 »
Haha this thread might as well be my home page!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #533 on: 21 May 2013, 19:24 »
Can't help thinking that only if VW had provided some quality build information we'd only have a couple of pages haha
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Andy_cs

« Reply #534 on: 21 May 2013, 19:26 »
My order was confirmed on May 7th and I was told BW36 provisionally yesterday, hope it comes forward but not holding my breath

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #535 on: 21 May 2013, 19:39 »
Well at Pulman Sunderland, mcmaddy beat my dad to a same day order, and I was in a few days before him.Looks like my dad will be getting his in Sept at the earliest.

If VW had been the main manufacturer of Panzer tanks and Messershmitts we wouldn't have started WW2 until 1944!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Movi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #536 on: 21 May 2013, 19:48 »
The Later Build Dates for GTD suits me as I don't want it until 63 plate in september. which coincides with my mk6 gtd turning 3.

Been told my GTD laydown should be mid August which suits me.

FYI when I enquired about the pana roof option, dealer told me this would delay the order longer due to assembly on a different production line. don't know if this is true or not?

Movi

(MY08) ED30 CW 3DR (Sold) - (MY11) MK6 GTD CW 3DR DSG - Its Here :) MK7 R LB 3DR DSG

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #537 on: 21 May 2013, 19:55 »
Well at Pulman Sunderland, mcmaddy beat my dad to a same day order, and I was in a few days before him.Looks like my dad will be getting his in Sept at the earliest.

If VW had been the main manufacturer of Panzer tanks and Messershmitts we wouldn't have started WW2 until 1944!

hahaha
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #538 on: 21 May 2013, 22:39 »
I ordered my GTD on the 15th of this month, been told 12 weeks. Just waiting on a factory order reference.

Going for the 5 door, pure white, panoramic roof, sound pack and ACC.

I was going to order the winter pack but decided against it. I did notice however, the winter pack has changed on the website today.

Previously it stated 'heated seats, heated washers and fluid level warning', but it has changed to 'Winter pack with leather and Bi-Xenons'.

Does that mean that people who opted with the winter pack WITHOUT leather are now getting refused the option?

Seems things are still being revised after orders are taken.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #539 on: 21 May 2013, 22:43 »
I ordered my GTD on the 15th of this month, been told 12 weeks. Just waiting on a factory order reference.

Going for the 5 door, pure white, panoramic roof, sound pack and ACC.

I was going to order the winter pack but decided against it. I did notice however, the winter pack has changed on the website today.

Previously it stated 'heated seats, heated washers and fluid level warning', but it has changed to 'Winter pack with leather and Bi-Xenons'.

Does that mean that people who opted with the winter pack WITHOUT leather are now getting refused the option?

Seems things are still being revised after orders are taken.

That is really strange  :huh: It looks like it's no longer an option if you don't spec leather
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 07:39 by CraigW »