Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316491 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #470 on: 16 May 2013, 12:42 »
Build Weeks may not be confirmed until BW22 but they still should be able to give you a provisional date - that will be known, VW won't be suddenly allocating BW's on 27th May to everyone, they will have planned well in advance.  I know having a provisional date means nothing really, but it is nice to have it so you can dream about delivery day!  :wink:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #471 on: 16 May 2013, 12:46 »
Luxury mats or standard - they all wear away around the floor where you're operating pedals. I'll be whipping my front ones straight out and getting some rubber mats in there, they keep the car far tidier - good for the wet and have a generous lip that keeps the grit and dirt tracked in off your shoes in one place for easy removal. Do the standard mats have GTI or GTD logos on them seeing as only the GT, GTI and GTD have free carpet mats? Do the luxury ones (if the standard ones don't)? From past Golf/Roc luxury isn't much better than standard.

Nah, I hate rubber mats in terms of look and feel.  Also never had carpet mats wear significantly either - the ones in my Mk5 GTI still look great when vacuumed and steam cleaned.  Not sure on logos on either though - think maybe the luxury ones have a Golf logo on them?  Anyways, being free I'm not fussed - will have a full set of standard spares at the very least!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 16 May 2013, 13:01 »
Luxury mats or standard - they all wear away around the floor where you're operating pedals. I'll be whipping my front ones straight out and getting some rubber mats in there, they keep the car far tidier - good for the wet and have a generous lip that keeps the grit and dirt tracked in off your shoes in one place for easy removal. Do the standard mats have GTI or GTD logos on them seeing as only the GT, GTI and GTD have free carpet mats? Do the luxury ones (if the standard ones don't)? From past Golf/Roc luxury isn't much better than standard.

Nah, I hate rubber mats in terms of look and feel.  Also never had carpet mats wear significantly either - the ones in my Mk5 GTI still look great when vacuumed and steam cleaned.  Not sure on logos on either though - think maybe the luxury ones have a Golf logo on them?  Anyways, being free I'm not fussed - will have a full set of standard spares at the very least!

Do the luxury mats come with the GTI logo on them?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #473 on: 16 May 2013, 13:04 »
Do the luxury mats come with the GTI logo on them?

From the configurator...

These high quality, luxury carpet mats are made from hardwearing, thick-woven velour with an abrasion-proof coating on the rear side. They do not only improve the look of your Golf's interior with their white Golf lettering and edging but also protect it from dirt.

So yeah, as I suspected it is just a Golf logo.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 16 May 2013, 18:46 »
Just got word from my dealer - my car is being built today  :laugh:
He expects to see it arrive by end of the month. Wohooooo!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #475 on: 16 May 2013, 19:14 »
Great news Joe!!  :smiley: I look forward to reading your review at the end of the month.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 16 May 2013, 19:33 »
Wow! Brilliant news Joe, can't wait to hear about how it drives!

Out of interest Joe, if you go on the order tracker is anything showing up on that?
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 19:34 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #477 on: 16 May 2013, 20:02 »

Out of interest Joe, if you go on the order tracker is anything showing up on that?

I can't find any order tracker on the Irish website and I don't have an order number anyway!

It's less than 6 weeks since I placed the order which isn't bad going I think.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #478 on: 16 May 2013, 20:12 »
Spoke to the execs office today..GTD's will be built in August, no sooner, and that was always the plan. Misleading advertising?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #479 on: 16 May 2013, 20:19 »

I can't find any order tracker on the Irish website and I don't have an order number anyway!

It's less than 6 weeks since I placed the order which isn't bad going I think.

It's unheard of! To say I'm jealous is an understatement!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018