Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316611 times)

Offline jerseyal

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #260 on: 07 May 2013, 20:00 »
Ordered my gti on the 3rd of April here in Jersey on the Channel Isles got an order number but no build date as yet .My local salesman says it will be in the next week or so .Lets hope so !

Offline Lendo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #261 on: 08 May 2013, 00:02 »
Also in Jersey! ordered mine 9th April was given build date today by Jacksons of week 27 (July 1st)

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #262 on: 08 May 2013, 08:39 »
Ditto in Jersey ordered 1st April quoted build week 24 have not chased Jacksons will wait till end of month,

Offline Lendo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #263 on: 08 May 2013, 08:51 »
I think it will drive me insane if I see another one driving round here while I'm still waiting!  :smiley:

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #264 on: 08 May 2013, 10:17 »
Finally managed to get my order number and put it into the tracker, it is only at processing stage still, but I did notice something:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/doingPaperwork?orderNumber=23210768

My upholstery is showing as "Titan Black" - what is that all about? I thought it was Jacara? Didn't realise Titan Black was even an option?

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #265 on: 08 May 2013, 10:18 »
Finally managed to get my order number and put it into the tracker, it is only at processing stage still, but I did notice something:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/doingPaperwork?orderNumber=23210768

My upholstery is showing as "Titan Black" - what is that all about? I thought it was Jacara? Didn't realise Titan Black was even an option?

Yet another bug, mine says that too.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #266 on: 08 May 2013, 10:19 »
Mine says titan black too, i wouldn't worry i think titan is the colour of the dash panels etc.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #267 on: 08 May 2013, 10:25 »
I've just put my order url into changedetection.com so I don't have to keep going back looking for updates.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #268 on: 08 May 2013, 10:27 »
I've just put my order url into changedetection.com so I don't have to keep going back looking for updates.

Nah, where's the fun in that  :laugh:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #269 on: 08 May 2013, 10:27 »
I wouldn't be concerned.

They won't have simply not ordered the car I don't believe. You are the customer who has ordered a car, they will want to deliver it to you. If the sales exec says they've done it, then I'd believe them over what appears to be an unreliable tracking service!

My dealer held my order back for over a week.  It was only because I hadn't received my order number that I chased (thanks to the feedback on this forum).  Amazingly  :rolleyes:, an hour later I had an order number.  I also got the order date confirmed with VW Customer Services and it was NOT on the day they said they'd ordered it - in fact, its only because I chased them that the order was put through.  So, for whatever reason, my order was held back.  As soon as it was put through I had an order number, and that worked on the tracker the next day.

Not wishing to scare monger but if I would chase them.  VW Customer Services said that you should have an order number within a few hours of the dealer putting that on the system - if you don't then they haven't placed the order.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....