Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316760 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #180 on: 04 May 2013, 11:34 »
JoeGTI: If you already have colour MFD standard on a MY13 model then unless VW feel they've been a bit stingy with the Irish you probably wouldn't get anything more on a MY14 car by waiting.

Oh I don't want to be waiting. The sooner it gets here the better!
Only pain is, the registration system has been changed here this year to be a bit like you guys. On July 1st, the plates change for 2nd half of the calendar year. I don't think I'd have the patience to ask the dealer to hold onto it on their forecourt for a month!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #181 on: 04 May 2013, 13:54 »
Question, my GTi will be build in Kw20.

Model year 2014 starts in Kw22, does that mean that i get a model year 2013 or will the start with 2014 models right away?

Interesting. I'm build week 20 too. Adds evidence that they are indeed building "euro zone" models ahead of the UK batch... Even though I'm also RHD?!
When did you order?

To answer your question, you'll get the 2013 model. I was the same when I got my mk6 GTD. I missed out on the new MY build by a week.

I'm from the Netherlands, order date is 19 March.
The MY2014 is about 500 euro higher in the Netherlands then mine order from 19-3.
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #182 on: 05 May 2013, 21:15 »
Had an update (email) from VW forwarded to me today by my dealer. Do keep us posted re your week 20 build dates (on the magical assembly line run by unicorns)  :evil:
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #183 on: 05 May 2013, 21:19 »
Had an update (email) from VW forwarded to me today by my dealer. Do keep us posted re your week 20 build dates (on the magical assembly line run by unicorns)  :evil:

No point saying you had an email of you're not going to tell everyone what it said.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #184 on: 05 May 2013, 21:41 »
When I placed my order I was told wk23, but now last week was told week 35!! WTF!  Jump of 12 weeks meaning I won't see it until September!! anyone else in the uk and had similar? I know dealers get an allotment but I was told I was the first order for my dealer on the 29th march! Very annoyed.. Deler said he'd call VW uk and check, but not heard back and website still says processing order! Fingers crossed!

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #185 on: 05 May 2013, 21:47 »
True... won't copy and paste the email as I don't think it should have been forwarded to me in the first place.

Key points tho:

1. No MK7 GTI has a valid build date at present, though dates may have been assigned
2. The issue is with the order processing system, not the build system as first thought
3. This issue is being resolved as quickly as possible, may take hours or days, then subject to testing
4. Orders to be processed by order date / number
5. No delays at present based on factory options

Whilst no promises were made, they said my expected delivery date is 01/07..  which I'm really hoping for :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #186 on: 05 May 2013, 21:56 »
True... won't copy and paste the email as I don't think it should have been forwarded to me in the first place.

Key points tho:

1. No MK7 GTI has a valid build date at present, though dates may have been assigned
2. The issue is with the order processing system, not the build system as first thought
3. This issue is being resolved as quickly as possible, may take hours or days, then subject to testing

Whilst no promises were made, they said my expected delivery date is 01/07..  which I'm really hoping for :)

This is the first bit of promising news we've heard for ages. Thanks for sharing, hopefully the issues they've had are being ironed out & stories of a 12 week build week addition are VW just covering themselves for worst case scenario. A July delivery is certainly worth hoping for!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #187 on: 05 May 2013, 21:58 »

Key points tho:

I was originally told that all orders were parked at BW22 as no actual build weeks had been issued yet, i then added the performance pack and it went to BW44!!!  :o  My dealer then told me he'd been on to VW who said don't worry it wouldn't be that late and pretty much as above.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #188 on: 05 May 2013, 22:18 »
Thanks for the update GtG... It's good to know that the hold up isn't anything "major"!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #189 on: 06 May 2013, 07:59 »
I also got told that nothing would happen until week 22 which is when the switch to MY14 takes place.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep