Author Topic: Discussion: Job decisions: Happiness or Money?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
Re: Discussion: Job decisions: Happiness or Money?
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2013, 10:38 »
It's awful waking up and dreading going to work, no matter what sort of money you are on. I've been in sh!tty jobs paying good money and moved for less pay to be happier, thankfully I have the best of both worlds where I am now, the money isn't the very best out there but it's not far off, and I can honestly say I have never woke up and thought 'I really don't want to go in today' (hangovers aside of course)
Happiness is a must for me and the wife, she was doing architecture for a building company, she had 2 years left to do to become fully qualified and a starting salary of around 40k, not too shabby!!
However, her 2 bosses were..... How can I put this nicely?? CIINTS!!!
They made her life hell, to the point she was coming home crying, couldn't sleep and hated the thought of going into work, she had to physically stop me from going to her work and knacking the 2 pricks on more than one occasion!!!
It got to the point she couldn't do it anymore, left and became a childminder, he'll of a career change lol
The money is nothing like what she could have been earning now and our house has a load of kids running around it all the time but it pays the bills, she is her own boss and she's never been happier.

Happiness all the way I'd say but decent money for a job you don't mind is probably the way to do it.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2013, 10:40 by benvictors »

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2013, 12:04 »
I think if you can make work part of life, it's better to be happier. Not living to work but just kinda getting your routine going.

I love working for myself though. Hate window cleaning but it's regular, love working on cars and it's picking up faster and faster!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2013, 12:31 »
I don't mind my job but that's not to say I love it. I still don't know what I truly want to do in life and I'm fast approaching 34!

Having my kids and losing my job five years ago have definitely changed the outlook I have on material things. I spend what I can afford and don't touch my credit cards any more. The job I do now pays 21k a year which pays the mortgage, bills and for bits for the kids and on the Golf so I can't really complain.

More money would be good but I've learnt to live with what I've got as over here there's not much opportunity to swap jobs about as and when unless I want to add a boat journey and £40 a day into the mix

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175