Author Topic: Archies parts hauler  (Read 13089 times)

Offline archie837

• I live here
Archies parts hauler
« on: 28 August 2012, 14:48 »
After the issues of the MK4, back in a 3.

1.9tdi with electric windows all round and air con.

Hit me up if you have some wagon coiloversand some wide wheels in 4x100
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Archies parts hauler
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2012, 15:10 »
That's a nice slave wagon you got there......

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2012, 20:49 »
Not much to update. Fitted new discs and pads on the front. Fitted a new radiator ad the old one had a hole in it, engine sounds and feels a lot happier now. Did both rear wheel bearings today too.

Manages about 200 miles to £25 which is cool, but needs a bit of attention underneath as the passenger floor is a bit rusty - mot fail rusty.

Bit of inspiration, but never gonna look this cool!

Bit confused by the rear shocks. I've been lpoking at estate coilovers and they all look fairly conventional, but my rear shocks look like they're mounted upside down with a bag on top of the spring.

If someone could enlighten me about this please?

PD150 Anni daily

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2012, 19:19 »
Take some pics mate
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2012, 20:32 »
It's not exciting enough!

Will get some this week maybe

PD150 Anni daily

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2012, 21:15 »
Got a mint gti seat set for free today and have never seen the seat pattern before which is quite cool. It's like a mk2 pattern but deffo mk3 seats. Only problem is the rears don't fit particularly well. Everywhere I've read says that hatch seats bolt straight in, but these aren't. The rear back rests are sitting high on the centre bracket, so can't clip together in the middle. The only thing I can think of is the brackets at the bottom are different to a hatch so need swapping over. Has anyone encountered this?

Picture of the seat in question - has anyone seen this pattern before as neither me or a mate have.

Sorry for the rubbish pic. Centres are woven/knitted as well, not printed like normal mk3 gti seats.

PD150 Anni daily

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2012, 21:20 »
Bit confused by the rear shocks. I've been lpoking at estate coilovers and they all look fairly conventional, but my rear shocks look like they're mounted upside down with a bag on top of the spring.

Estate type coilovers / shocks are upside down from memory, different to the hatch thats for sure.

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2012, 12:46 »
Taken from edition where I asked too -

Yeh the rears are different mate and can be a kiddy to sort. ive had my latest interior in a for a while yet and am still to sort my rears. bit of a bodge but ive got some cheap halfords sponges to lift the main bench up amd then i need to sort out the rear section where it folds on the 60/40 bit

ive had to trim the sections out where the stricker pins are its not tidy but does the job

May be of some info if people are looking to swap out seats on states.

PD150 Anni daily

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2012, 18:35 »
Good luck with the revamp dude. If you can get it looking half as swish as the aforementioned 'slammed' estate, I'll take my hat off to you sir!
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2012, 19:23 »
Got a mint gti seat set for free today and have never seen the seat pattern before which is quite cool. It's like a mk2 pattern but deffo mk3 seats. Only problem is the rears don't fit particularly well. Everywhere I've read says that hatch seats bolt straight in, but these aren't. The rear back rests are sitting high on the centre bracket, so can't clip together in the middle. The only thing I can think of is the brackets at the bottom are different to a hatch so need swapping over. Has anyone encountered this?

Picture of the seat in question - has anyone seen this pattern before as neither me or a mate have.

Sorry for the rubbish pic. Centres are woven/knitted as well, not printed like normal mk3 gti seats.

They look like mk3/3.5 cabrio seats