Author Topic: About to order..Help!!  (Read 2201 times)

Offline gregd

• Just got here
About to order..Help!!
« on: 02 June 2005, 15:00 »
After lurking for a few days I've just got myself registered.

About to order a new 3 door Mk.5 GTI and along with the similar dilemmas to other folks on here (colour choice is a toughie..currently veering between metallic black, silver or grey).. I've got a few questions for you enlightened owners..

First up has anyone ordered / got an EU imported MK.5? I'm impressed by the savings from places like Select Automotive (£2.5K off list) but concerned about potential differences in spec and importer reliability..anyone used these guys? I did import an Impreza Turbo from Holland back before the chavs discovered them so I'm OK with the paperwork side of it.

Secondly has anyone got an Ipod connected to the standard MK.5 stereo yet? Looks like an Icelink is the way to go but I'd rather house it in the glove box (or armrest if I go for this option) than on a mount on the dash. Anyone gone about it this way and/or who can recommend installers (Bucks/Oxon ish)?

Think I'm sold on leather and 18's so the colour is my biggest dilemma.. !

Offline SaintDP

• Just got here
Re: About to order..Help!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2005, 18:21 »
Hy mate, Have ordered mine on import from a company called allbrandsnew.co.uk. 18k for a standard GTI 3 door. Am expecting delivery in Sept. fingers crossed no probs yet. When I ordered it I had to upgrade the Alarm and the warrenty was only for 2 years.

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2005, 23:01 »
I have an IPOD mini fitted into my GTI. I have used a Dension Ice link plus and it has a dash mounted cradle. It is possible to have a glvoe box option though. As for installers, I just looked in the yellow pages and found one easily. I would make sure they have done work on a MK V before hand though. If u want further info gis a shout. I would go for silver btw but I am biased and def get the 18s and leather is a good choice.

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2005, 12:34 »
Hi,

Im picking up my motor tomorrow - its not the GTI  (im only 22 and cant afford running costs and hgher insurance for the GTi yet :(  ) but the 140GT TDI full leather, armrest and 6 disc changer mounted in it. Does anyone know can I use a ICE ipod kit and still have my 6 cd changer or must it be one or the other?  How also is the ipod connected? Thanks for any help.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline gregd

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2005, 12:39 »
Thanks Guys!

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2005, 19:31 »
Hi,

Im picking up my motor tomorrow - its not the GTI  (im only 22 and cant afford running costs and hgher insurance for the GTi yet :(  ) but the 140GT TDI full leather, armrest and 6 disc changer mounted in it. Does anyone know can I use a ICE ipod kit and still have my 6 cd changer or must it be one or the other?  How also is the ipod connected? Thanks for any help.

I had to disconnect the 6 disc changer to connect my IPOD kit as it uses the same connection on the back of the stereo. However, if you have the 6 disc changer in the armrest as opposed to the front loading one you will still have a single disc CD player on the stereo itself as I have although I find no reason whatsoever to use it as all my music is loaded onto my IPOD anyway.