Author Topic: Golf MK3 CL OVER!!! starting on a golf mk2  (Read 34927 times)

Offline search

• I live here
Golf MK3 CL OVER!!! starting on a golf mk2
« on: 29 February 2012, 00:22 »
Picked up a Golf MK3 CL 1.4 last week for £500 taxed and mot for the year. From a middle age women who has kept it in tip top shape. 98k on the clock and serviced every year.

Buying few things here and there as you do.

i'm sure everyone knows what it looks like standard but ill upload a photo for you all to see at the bottom of this.

Things i'm in the middle of doing right now.
spraying wheel arches. (ebay jobby)
sprayed wing mirrors.
spraying side trims.
Spraying front grill. (ebay two line badgeless)
more touch up paint around the car.

Things iv done so far.
Crystal clear rear lights (not sure i like them at the moment might (A) tint them or (B) put old ones back on and tint them)
taken off rear wiper.
sprayed the rear badge Black.
FAKE back box thing. (untill i can get a real one lol)

Things for the near future.
Black vinyl wrap the roof.
angel eye head lights.
clear side repeaters.
crystal clear bumber indicators with fake fogs. (ebay) would like real fogs but haven't a clue how to wire them in :-/
MAYBE TINT WINDOWS!!! still on side line iv had it in all my cars and think might have a change.

Things on my to do list (money savers)
Leather seats.
twin back box.
lower car
deep dish wheels.

sure iv missed something cant think what bit late at the mo mind lol.

Photos.

so far.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2013, 18:59 by search »
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: Golf MK3 CL (Project)
« Reply #1 on: 29 February 2012, 09:42 »
So far so good mate! I hope my information has been helpful so far :) I think the Red/Crystal rears work well on contrasting coloured cars. I have a set as well but I don't think they suit my car at the moment! Keep it up, and any more questions, just ask and I'll be happy to help!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2012, 10:07 »
Seems like a decent al rounder for the money.

Rear lights don't look too bad...  I would be tempted to lightly tint the top half though maybe?

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2012, 11:03 »
Hey Dan yeah you have been very helpful thanks. and will keep you updated.

p.s i like the idea of a light tint on the top half. I might just do that later.

more photos tomorrow with the wing arches on and side trims colour match. (maybe light tint on rear lights)
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2012, 11:17 »
If you do decide to tint the lights, make sure you use some Lamin-x or similar! That tinting spray NEVER turns out well :/ Plus, Lamin-x is easily reversible, which is always a bonus!

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2012, 19:09 »
Well today hasn't gone as planned  :angry: Ran out of spray paint and both super-stores halfords dont have any. can make me some up double the price mind! and i went to put the arches on taking alot of the paint off so had to touch them up and wait till tomorrow now. This time round im using clamps rather than Masking tape.    :embarassed:

Photos: attempted to touch up bits around the car. Oh and a sticker came in post lulz

These wheel arches had nasty ends to them at the bottom.. for that GTI look. Didn't like them so cut them off. then started spraying. these took two cans of paint  :shocked: it seem more gases were coming out than actual paint.

not the end result youll see that when i get them on the car. (yet to think of a Name for her lulz)

Photos are taken with phone camera.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2012, 23:08 »
Good little runner you've got there

Will be interesting to see how it looks once you've done your plans for it  :smiley:

If your going for the old crystal lights  :rolleyes: at the front then I wouldn't tint the rears, unless you tint the fronts as well  :wink:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2012, 16:45 »
Thanks.
today i tried to be cheap and just dye the door cards. not sure if its work not only time will tell. Then put on the wheel arches took ages as they are crap after market ones..... (any idea if GTi ones will fit on?)

Got my Wife to give a helping hand.. no pun intended. ;-)

now for the wheel arches.

Waiting for front grill to come, and still waiting for halfords to get the write colour paint in so i can do the side trims.

« Last Edit: 01 March 2012, 16:49 by search »
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2012, 20:54 »
Good luck with the arches and the door cards  :wink:

Don't get paint from hellfords....go to a paint shop  :smiley:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2012, 22:21 »
only paint shop i could think of was b&q they didn't seem to do what i wanted. so i went to VW them selfs but felt like a right tit standing in there huge show room, so went True story lol.

ill look around for paint shops. the arches need a re spray as the colour dont match right. i paid £40 for these fake GTI look alike that dont actually line up well around the wheel arch so i no more nails them. only thing is thats for life now  :shocked:.

Door cards looking ok. (maybe if i leave the door open to long when it rains it all wash out ha)
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6