Author Topic: Golf build  (Read 3667 times)

Offline simmo72

• Not said much yet
Golf build
« on: 19 May 2005, 14:43 »
 :smiley:
Had top day yesterday visited the wolfsburg factory on a work day out full coporate day loads of gtis being built and build is awesome attention to details is unreal

Offline SaintDP

• Just got here
Re: Golf build
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2005, 18:30 »
you didn't see mine getting built did you???  :undecided:

Offline simmo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2005, 22:29 »
 :cry:
may of done kept an eye out for mine how long you been waiting?
cant wait can you

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2005, 12:43 »
When you say attension to detail, what do you mean? PAint quality, welding, suspension settings, engine tuning?
Does the gti receive more attension on the production line compared with regular golfs?

Offline SaintDP

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2005, 18:38 »
:cry:
may of done kept an eye out for mine how long you been waiting?
cant wait can you

Just over a month now. I'm getting mine on import so I have to wait till september. It dragging. Spotted one when I was out last night. First one Ive seen on the road. NICE!! :laugh:

Offline simmo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2005, 10:07 »
Getting my tax free from uk exporting to germany as live here with forces should be getting mine in about 3 weeks  :laugh:
you checked out the guy who had his reflex silver one colour coded now thats a sweet motor

Offline SaintDP

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2005, 11:57 »
I did NICE :laugh: What colour have you gone for?

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2005, 13:51 »
I have to say, some of the panel gaps in my new GTI arent exactly brilliant..especially the driver side front wing. After taking it back down the the dealer, he showed me others and they were all as bad if not worse in some cases....even admitted it wasnt great...dodnt expect this on a VW..think my impreza was better.. :-(

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2005, 13:32 »
as for the paint quality, picked mine up yesterday and there is 4 spots of dirt on the tailgate under the lacquer, if thats the standard on GTIs i feel sorry for normal golf buyers!

needless to say someone from Germany is coming over to inspect it and it will be repaiered FOC

Offline rega3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2005, 17:43 »
as for the paint quality, picked mine up yesterday and there is 4 spots of dirt on the tailgate under the lacquer, if thats the standard on GTIs i feel sorry for normal golf buyers!

needless to say someone from Germany is coming over to inspect it and it will be repaiered FOC

That doesnt sound good. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and will be examining it with a fine tooth comb!! Anyone else with bad paintwork experiences? Bearing in mind the price, I fully expect it to be literally spotless.