Author Topic: 'Leaving home' lights  (Read 3508 times)

Offline pregamon

• Just got here
'Leaving home' lights
« on: 15 May 2005, 14:41 »
Does anyone know how to deactivate the 'Leaving home' lights function? The headlamps come on everytime the car is unlocked. The manual only gives instructions to switch it off for cars with sat nav. But how about cars without sat nav? Is there a 'Convenince' menu as well?

Offline Mr Blonde

• Just got here
Re: 'Leaving home' lights
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2005, 07:37 »
Hi,

You can turn them on/off and adjust the length of duration in seconds. Its accessed on the right stalk but you need to be parked (or will tell you 'not while moving!'). Its all on the same menu where you can change the settings for pretty much everything.

If you still have problems - repost here and I'll be more specific.

I don't have satnav.

Regards

Offline pregamon

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2005, 15:00 »
hi,

Don't seem to be able to access the menu with the right stalk. Appreciate it if u could elaborate further on how to do it.

cheers

Offline dutch

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2005, 20:51 »
That menu is for sat nav only as far as I'm aware

Offline Mr Blonde

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2005, 21:02 »
It may be because I upgraded the computer to 'highline'?

Anyway, when stationary, use the rocker switch at the very end of the right stalk (the one that flips through mpg / avge speed / avge mpg / distance to empty / etc) and hold it continually in either the up or down position. After about a three seconds you will enter the Menu screen. Here you can access the myriad of different controls (such as light intensity . coming home lights etc).

If you can't get this then its back to my opening line I'm afraid :sad:

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2005, 21:38 »
Hi,

Im also having the same problem - i like the idea of the interor lights coming on when the car is unlocked at night but not the headlamps. I want to turn them off! My manual states park car and turn on ignition - press once the OK/Reset button on the wiper stalk and then hold the bottom button on the side for 2 secs. It does not work Please if any one has advice - surely they cant always have to be on - even without the highline computer upgrade??

R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2005, 13:29 »
mines the same can't turn off, and i don't have the highline computer...

maybe shining a torch at the dusk sensor before unlocking the car will fool it!!!

Offline Nutkins

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2005, 13:57 »
If you have don't have the highline computer then it is a trip to the dealers who can change it for you with something called 'VAGCOM' (I think) . That is the benefit (other than the larger screen) of the Highline comp over the midline one, being able to change various settings. The Sat Nav comes with the Highline computer as standard.....

Offline bobby

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2005, 14:22 »
I wondered about the 'highline computer which is only about £50 more. Dealer didn't have a clue what diff was.
How exactly does it differ? (I've still time to upgrade the order)